1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

came out to my cousin and my grandma

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by crystallight268, Apr 17, 2015.

1. crystallight268

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I recently came out as gay to my cousin and my grandma. Here's my stories.

My Cousin
    So I asked my cousin(he's gay) if we could go to the pride parade this year and he said yes. Then we got the talking about how it is at the parade. He then brung up that there are a lot of gay people there(obviously) and how much fun it is. Here's the conversation.

Me: can we go to the pride parade this year?

Him: yeah, I'll take you to the one in New York. I have two metro passes so we'll be good.

Me: is it fun?

Him: yes. You'll love it. There's a lot of gay people there and straight allies. You'll have fun.

As soon as he said that I told him

Me: I am gay

Him: I know(continues talking about the parade)

I was very shocked that he already knew that I was gay. I always told him that I thought I was gay and he would give me advice. I was relieved but shocked at the same time. He told me that the whole family knows but I don't believe that.

My Grandma
    So I came into the house after riding my scooter. She was kitchen and there was no one else in the house so I knew this was my chance. I was so scared to tell her but I did it anyway because I felt like I was ready. My heart told me to do it so I listened to what my heart told me to do. Here's the conversation.

Me: Grandma, I have to tell you something.

Her: what?

At this point I still scared and couldn't get my words out.

Her: sit down. It's easier if you sit down. What's wrong?

I took a deep breath and the words finally came out lol.

Me: Grandma I'm gay.

Her: okay. There's nothing wrong with that. How did you figure out you were gay?

Me: I just knew.

Her: do you have a girlfriend?

Me: no

Her: oh. Well that's okay. Aaron's gay and I accept him(Aaron is the cousin that I came out to). You can tell me anything. You don't ever have to be scared to tell me anything. I'll always love you.

I just feel so relieved that I got this out my system. It was bothering me so much and I'm glad I got it out. I'm glad they accepted me.

2. Ravienclaw

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Congrats :slight_smile: I know how much of a relief it can be once it's out there and it's awesome that you have such an accepting family

3. nohalos

Congratulations! That turned out so well!

4. crystallight268

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah except my dad.

5. lukeluvznicki13

Happy to hear it went well :slight_smile:! Always great to hear stories like this :slight_smile:

6. crystallight268

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks everyone! I was so relieved to get such positive reactions. I just came out to my dad today and he didn't really take it well. He actually insulted me. He said "how could u like girls when you don't even know how to be a girl." That really upsetted me. Then he asked me did I kiss a girl and I said no because I didn't. Then he said "how do u know if u like girls if you never kissed a girl." He just really made me upset and caused me to rethink my sexuality. He said that he reapects my decision because I asked him to before I told him. But I don't think he actually likes the fact that I'm gay.

7. FrenchKid98

I'm sorry to hear that your dad didn't take it well :frowning2:
    You don't have to have done anything with someone of the same gender to know who you are attracted to. Same for when people say that you should have at least tried with the opposite gender. I'd bet your dad sees good looking women in the street or whatever and he doesn't think about it at all, he just finds them attractive. And it's the exact same thing for LGBT people.

I hope your dad comes around (*hug*)

#7 FrenchKid98, Apr 19, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  8. crystallight268

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hopefully he does. I just came out to my mom yesterday and she doesn't have a problem with it. She was actually kind of shocked when I told her. She told me that she loves me and that she doesn't care if I'm gay.

9. lovely lesbian

So glad it went well for you