1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flow's Tale of Coming Out To Their Whole Grade

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by GoWithTheFlow, Apr 21, 2015.

1. GoWithTheFlow

Out Status:
    All but family
    Let's just just start this by me saying, I did NOT plan on making a whole big deal of officially coming out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I've always been super open about my gender and sexuality. I don't care if people know if I have a boyfriend / girlfriend, and I'll talk smack about binding, how I'm the most fabulous person ever "like I truly am" and all that. I really don't care what people think. My school is VERY accepting of LGBTQIA+ kids, and we actually have a decent sized community of us in our school.

Most of my grade didn't know though since I don't tend to have classes with my own grade. Half of them probably forgot I existed (though half my grade is scum, so I don't really care.)

Anyway, I need to shut up and tell the story now. One day, we had this assembly exclusive to my grade called "The Truth About Hate". I went in there with a negative attitude thinking "this is just one of those stupid shitty assemblies that they try to inspire us with but fail." Typical me thoughts. Turns out, that assembly was legit. A lot of it was real-talk about hate in our school community.

Then we got to the open mic section.

I really wanted to go up, but for nothing coming out related to be honest. I wanted to talk about how a LOT of people say I'm disrespectful and all this stuff because I swear a lot at my parents, but it's basically because my family is broken. I wanted to basically say "don't assume things if you don't know someone's story and lifestyle" if you get what I mean.

When I was trying to explain my familial situation, I accidentally kinda let out "I'm pansexual and genderfluid, and my parents don't accept it. They're the kind of people to be like "I had a gay friend in college" but then when it comes to their own kids, they're totally against it."

Then, came the tears, since I cry like a bitch at EVERYTHING. Luckily, I have the best friends a kid could ask for, and next thing I knew I had a pack of nerds really awesome people giving me a big group hug.

Sadly, I made other people cry... Whoops OTL
    But on the bright side, according to almost everyone, I had the most powerful speech of the day!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Ohhotdamn that was long winded I'm so sorry |D

2. RedLynx

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow, that's very courageous of you! I always wished I had that same amount of courage when I was your age. But, then there's really that perfect time for everone...and you nailed it! I hope your parents will accept who you are sooner. BTW, why strikeout the "nerd"? Us nerds are awesome! :grin:

3. ApexxShadow

Super happy that you have the support of your friends :grin:. I'm sorry about your parents though. That was very brave of you :grin:

4. Im Hazel

It's so good that you can talk to your school about that! :slight_smile: