1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moi... out to the world

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by jazzyspazzy, Nov 22, 2008.

1. jazzyspazzy

jazzyspazzy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I recently came out both involuntarily and voluntarily. When I first fancied a girl, I immediately told my dad about it because I knew he wouldn't change his attitude towards me at all. I didn't want to tell my mum, though, because I reckoned she'd act funny around me for a while. Even though she's very openminded and her two best mates are gay, I thought she might be all 'nudge, nudge, wink, wink' whenever I mentioned a girl.

I'm at boarding school at the moment, and I'm in a dorm with a girl I don't particularly get on with because we are completely different and have different friend groups. Anyway, I was pretty confused about my feelings as I fancied like 10 people at the same time, so I decided to try and clarify things by writing them down. Somehow, I managed to leave the list in full view on the top of my desk, so she saw it. And then she decided to tell the whole world who I liked. And the worst thing was, I didn't even like those people anymore because the list was out of date.

Then everyone in my year started to think a lesbian. Not helped by the fact that I was writing a story about lesbians in English and my teacher just decided to announce it to the whole class. I am still trying to put them straight - I'm BI not a LESBIAN, there is a DIFFERENCE, you stupid idiots!! I hate the whole ignorant homophobic (biphobic in my case) attitude that you get in schools. People think bi people are greedy, gay and in denial or bi and trying to be interesting. It's soooo not true!! It is possible to like guys and girls at the same time!!! And everybody throws around 'You're so gay' like an insult that's meant to be a joke. Hahahahahahaha. Yeah. Fucking hilarious.

Anyways, rant over! :icon_bigg Then a couple of days ago I decided to tell my mum. I sent her an email explaining everything, and just said that I decided want to have a discussion with her about it, I just wanted her to know. I didn't want to talk to her face to face about it because she'd probably want to talk about it FOREVER. I was pretty scared after I pressed 'Send'! But now everything's fine, and it's just like normal.

I didn't particularly want the whole world to know, but at least I don't have to keep secrets anymore. I am officially bi and loving it. :thumbsup::smilewave(*hug*):icon_wink(&&&):eusa_clap(!)

2. Larry Myster

Wow, congratz! I am happy that you are out! :eusa_clap (*hug*)

3. jazzyspazzy

jazzyspazzy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    well, I probably would have waited a little longer till I knew exactly what my feelings were, but hey! that's how it goes!!! XD

4. Jesse Jinx

Hey, well congrats on coming out, whether you wanted to or not, you're handling it very well. And congrats with your mom. And no worries about your school. Time marches on.

Ugh, I've felt thet whole "You're either Gay, straight or lying" thing a million times before. People don't seem to understand. I'm going through the same thing. You understand what makes both genders attractive, and are attracted to it. Gender isn't a factor. end of story.

Oh I HATE the "oh that/he/she/it's gay" insult. It's so stupid!

5. James2612

Congratulations - I am pleased it is going well with your family!
    That is important!

Its funny how people think that is an insult!!

"YOUR GAY" - Yep i know, i told you remember!!

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on coming out! :slight_smile:

7. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Wow, it must have been really hard when your roommate outed you... but you dealt with it so well! Congrats on being out! :grin:

8. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gratz with your mum!! :slight_smile: brave girl, I still haven't told my dad...

9. Rygirl

Sorry about what your roommate did to you, that was harsh, but congrats on how you handled it. I'm in an all girls school as well so I know how unbending and homophobic people can be.