1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parents...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by choirsmash, Apr 23, 2015.

1. choirsmash

Well I had to come out to my parents. I was nowhere near ready to do it and it sucked. It still sucks. They confronted me about it, asking why I was so interested in the GSA at the college I'm going to. I later found out that my dad read my LHU email and found a response to me asking about their GSA. I knew he had the password, I just didn't think he would be reading emails that clearly had no due dates in them. That annoys me. The whole thing went okay I guess. I'm not gonna say it was better than I expected, it was definitely different. I had planned to wait until after my first year in college, at least. I have been advised to do so and I was covering all my tracks. They asked me yesterday and I couldn't lie. They said they didn't really care either way but my mom said she hoped I would turn out to be straight just because she doesn't want my life to be any harder and my dad said he thinks it's because I haven't found the right guy yet (cue eye roll). I'm more upset because he read my email and I had to tell them before I was ready. I couldn't talk to my mentor about it today and I almost cried when he said he wouldn't be available (he said tomorrow, though so there's that). I went to my next class, where we had a sub and were doing nothing, so I just went to guidance and talked to the counselor about it. I cried in the bathroom for a little bit beforehand though. After talking to her, I felt a bit better, but I'd still like to talk to my mentor about it. I also need a good hug and he gives good hugs. This just sucks.:tears:

2. Im Hazel

(*hug*)Sorry to hear that. I hope that you are OK, and I am sure that your dad will come round eventually... Good luck!(*hug*)

3. Lorax

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Have a cyber hug (*hug*)

I'm sorry you never got the chance to tell your parents in your own way, at a time when you were ready. I hope you are alright, and if you need to chat feel free to post on my wall. (&&&)