1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my coming out story

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by emma7, Apr 29, 2015.

1. emma7

From a young age i had always known that i was "different". I always preferred to dress in male clothes ( shirts trousers etc ) i always hated high heels and skirts that sort of thing. Never liked make up. But I never thought anything of it until recently.

I always said i was straight but just after my 15th birthday i felt a bit confused as to what i really liked. Ill'd look at pictures of what other girls class as "hot" men but i was just never fussed i just didn't find any male attractive to be honest.

So one night me and one of my best male friends ( who happens to be gay :icon_bigg ) were talking on facebook and somehow we got onto the topic of sexuality. If i remember right he was asking me if i was straight,bi or gay. And i just said i was confused as to what i liked and he said to me " well to be honest i think you're gay" so then i told him that i had looked at "frisky" pictures of females i did feel slightly aroused by it but then instantly felt it was wrong and always denied that i liked women. So even longer story short he just helped me accept my sexuality etc.

So after that i remained bi for about a week to just determine whether i liked males and females or just females. Then after that week i finally come to terms that i am gay! :icon_bigg

After about another week i felt like i was ready to tell my mum. Now i was scared as to what her reaction would be like seeing she is homophobic :icon_sad: but she had always said she would accept me for who i am :slight_smile: so i tried and it ended up her thinking i was joking :***: :bang: :tears: so i just felt depressed then i was talking to the best friend ( ill refer to him as A ) he just helped me etc then i just got over it and carried on feeling Gay and proud :icon_bigg

so moving on to now ( well about 1-2 weeks ago ) I was just going on facebook now without even thinking i just posted some gay pride stuff and now my mum deiced she wanted to have a look at my facebook and now i remembered i had posted the stuff i had and it was too late! she looked at it! :eusa_doh: :icon_redf but then i thought nope she can see it i dont care! She never said anything. I kept dropping slight hints that im gay. So from that day on i think she has finally accepted me :icon_bigg .

I still dont have to guts to come out to her again so ill leave that for the future. I think my brother has found out too and he's not too happy. Dads out of the picture so i dont have to worry about him. As far as i know my sister doesn't know.

Well thats my story thanks for reading :icon_bigg

2. lovely lesbian

Has she said anything to you since?

3. emma7

nope but before i tried coming out to her she always used to joke around about boys and that sort of thing but ever since iv'e been hinting shes not said anything

4. lovely lesbian

Well keep hinting and hopefully she will get it and I hope you don't mind me saying this maybe she does know and is blocking out it everytime you tell her?

#4 lovely lesbian, Apr 30, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  5. emma7

i will do :slight_smile: dw i dont mind you saying. she could be im just not sure