1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

good??

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by yahooooo, Nov 24, 2008.

1. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

Well, a little late now but anyhooo,

Came out to someone else fairly recently. Unfortunately nothing too spectacular, more of a practical coming out than anything else, but still, every good reaction has to help! So I was getting a wee bit behind on work, and being a perfectionist, had started to freak out a bit (as I always seem to do!!) so went to have a little chat with my tutor about work things to sort some stuff out. Anyway, it was and probably still is sort of obvious that I find school challenging, as in the work side is ok, but apart from that I don't really like it that much and just been getting stressed by things, and this woman isn't dumb so had realised that there were other things on my mind.

So we chatted about work and then we got onto other things... and to be honest I had chickened out a little and didn't really feel like telling her, but the woman is very persuasive. Honestly, she is probably the best teacher I have ever had. One of the most intelligent people you will ever meet... anyway, she just had this look as if to say "just spit it out, I know already"

So I still didn't really want to say it so she did instead!! I just joked and said "you already know don't you?" to which she replied "I have my suspitions.. is it something to do with identity" and then the game was up, she knew, I still didn't want to say anything so she did for me! She was trying to be all tactful, not assuming but asked whether it was "just one way or both".. so I answered and she, being an english teacher, started going off about the "right terminology to use" and which I prefered, then sat there trying to get me to say it (it's a year tomorrow since I actually accepted it and I STILL hate saying it!!!). It was more awkward than you could imagine, but she was really sweet in her own, wierd way.

Apparently it was obvious, and she had had her suspitions for a while.. "after you work with young people for such a long time!!" which was again wierd. But then she gave me a really big hug, wierd but sweet lol, and did the whole "it doesn't change anything and I still think you're a brilliant person" thing and offered to be there for a chat when ever I needed it, which was really nice.

So yer it went ubberly well, but I can't help but get really embarrassed around her now I opened up so much. It's just wierd and she is there quite a lot of the time. I went to talk to her once after but it just all feels really odd. I mean she is really accepting and nice, but I still feeling strange talking about it to anyone, let alone her. Oh well....

But now, yet again I have run out of "safe" people to tell. I think quite a lot of people have guessed but I still hate talking about it :/

So yer, two good ones in a row!! Didn't think that was possible!

xxxx.

2. slkayley

Well done.

3. Mickey

That's great! It's so nice that some teachers are so open.
    Take your time with yourself. Eventually you'll feel more at ease
    talking about being gay. And the more you talk about it ,the easier it becomes.
    I know it may sound cliche,but time does change a lot of things.

Mickey*

4. ccdd

ccdd Guest

Woo! That's great! Although how do you think she knew? Do you think it was because of working with young people or do you think she might have been told? She sounds perceptive in any case, and like she has a lot more tact and knowledge about these things than that nurse you came out to...as in, it seems like she was sensitive to how you wanted it discussed and stuff. (Rather than suggesting that you wear more skirts or whatever it was that the other woman told you??!? Because that works.)

Yay for another good one! Trust me, it will all get better...