1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I was forced to come out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by crazydiamond, Apr 30, 2015.

1. crazydiamond

After I started dating my current girlfriend I decided to tell my sister who I was friendly with at the time (we have a complicated relationship). At first she was happy for me, but as the relationship was getting serious, my girlfriend time was cutting into her time that she could dump her child on me and go party. We live together with my mother for now, but the lease is almost over and we're trying to figure out where to go from here. My mother told her brother (who has money) about her problems, a.k.a. my sister and I. So he agreed to help us with a deposit for a place.

But with me hiding my relationship, my mom started to think I was up to all kinds of crazy stuff. So it got to a point where my sister was telling me that unless I came clean, we wouldn't be able to get money for a place because my mother no longer trusted me. So I said fine, and I told her in a text one day because I was afraid of her reaction. So hours go by and I get no response. I start to freak out so I call my sister and I ask her what, if anything, was said. She told me she was too busy to talk and would call me right back. She never did. So I went home that night from my girlfriend's house and everyone ignored me when I got home.

I've spoken to my mother in the last few weeks since I told her, but it's always been about superficial things like what is going on with my nephew or my sister. Other than that she has not asked me about my whereabouts or my girlfriend and she barely acknowledges me. On top of that, I feel like I am being ganged up on. My sister shows no qualms about leaving her son with me and ruining my plans with my girlfriend, and my mom doesn't care about this either because she seems to no longer care about me. With what is currently going on with my family, it is also putting unnecessary stress on my relationship. She feels like what is going on is partially her fault. I have told her it isn't. My family is not normal, and they have always used me as the scapegoat. They just have a better excuse for it now. The second I ever come off as happy is when everyone starts to treat me like garbage. I feel so alone.

2. Im Hazel

That sucks. :frowning2: I don't know what to suggest except confronting both of them about their behaviour.

3. lovely lesbian

I'm sorry Hun