1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My story of coming out to my mother

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by MetalRice, Apr 30, 2015.

1. MetalRice

This was a few months ago, a few weeks after I finally accepted the fact I myself; and it was at this point that I worked up the courage to tell my very religious and conservative mother. It was as simple as me walking into her office, saying those two words "I'm bisexual", and walking out, partly because I lost my courage to talk more instantly, We didn't talk about it for a while, didn't even bring it up; but she came around and eventually was supportive of me.

Kind of messy I admit, but I just wanted to share my story with everyone

2. BisexualQueen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That's great it worked out well in the end! I wish I had the opportunity and courage to come out to my parents. Sometimes two words are all you can manage. I know it was for me.

3. MetalRice

Thanks! I am happy that it worked out well with her in the end. Unfortunately, my mom has so far been the only one I know in real life that I have had the courage to come out to; since the rest of my family isn't as accepting as her. But it was a relief to be able to tell someone and get it off my chest to someone other then me; as it was eating me up before hand.

I hope you can get the courage and opportunity to tell your parents one day too.