1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out to mom and told my crush.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by happysky, Nov 26, 2008.

1. happysky

Well so last night was interesting. I got in an argument with my mom, but thats usually standard procedure in my life.
    So Im in my room and then she just runs in shouting her usual blasphemy.
    At the moment I was talking on the phone. My mom was shouting at the top of her lung. I was helpless against her. I just told her she doesn't know the kind of stress I'm going through. She said that she did, but she obviously doesn't.
    I ended up telling her that I was gay. She said there's nothing wrong with that, then she just left as if the fight never happened.

It wasn't the best way to come out, but it happened, and there's no changing it.
    At least she knows now, and she seems to take it well. She hasn't been different to me in any way today, so I think things are going fine.

Ok here's another part of my night that was dramatic.
    So a few minutes after telling my mom, I decided to call my best friend, who happened to be my crush. (By the way he was the first I told that I was gay)
    When I told him that I came out to my mom he was proud as its a hard thing to do.
    The conversation led from one thing to another. Before I knew it I convinced myself to tell him that I have a crush on him. I just went out and told him.
    I was expecting the worst, but he was fine with it. He said he was flattered.
    He and I promised that it wouldn't change anything. I'm not expecting to get with him, considering he's straight. But he did say, to keep my hopes up. I wonder what that meant. (!)
    Also, he said that he had suspicions of me having a thing for him on several accounts.
    So I guess I can say there's hope, but it may be too soon to tell if anything can happen between us. I really can't believe I came out to my mom, AND told my crush that I liked him.
    Last night was a really dramatic life to say the least.

I just though I wanted to say that out here, now I feel much better.

2. Jesse Jinx

Congratulations! Wow, it seems like you got good results on both accounts! Lucky you. :grin:

Best of luck with your crush :wink:
    Hope to hear more soon.

3. happysky

Thanks. I'm going to talk to him on Monday.

4. biisme

That's great!! Congratulations! Even though your coming out was unplanned and doen in a fight, it sounds like it went well. :slight_smile:

And, what your friend said is interesting. I hope things turn out well!

5. MacAlex

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    keep your hopes up = he's interested in you and not ready to admit it to himself yet :wink:

6. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    wow...that was dramatic. Although you could say it was like ripping off a band aid. It was quick and feels so much better now. Congrats!!!

7. AtticusFinch

I'm glad that your best friend is so open and that it hasn't affected your relationship. I wish my friends were like that, but many of them would be scared off I'm afraid. Most of them would be okay with it, but it would definitely change our relationships; they would probably be more distant. I'm kinda scared...

8. Jacobs

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, Congratulations.

9. xequar

Wow, sounds like you had quite the night! Congrats!

Oh, and "Keep your hopes up" could mean, "You'll find the right guy eventually, but I'm not him." Or, it could be, "I'm gonna come out eventually." Don't bank on it either way.