1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

slowly coming out...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Sugar, May 28, 2007.

1. Sugar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I've come out to my ex boyfriend when we were dating but he thought it was just a fantasy of mine that would go away. and to this day he thinks it's just a phase. I came out to another guy friend, we're not that close, and he just thought it was cool. perv. haha lol. I've told people that i hardly know and i find it so much easier than telling people that have known me for years. I've tried making "gay" comments so that people can say "what are you gay?" instead of me bringing it up and it actually worked but when the time came i freaked out and said no. I've been trying to called the gay line 3 times and i still haven't got through to anyone and i get so nervous each time it rings. I'm hoping this summer I'll have the guts to go out and meet people! I'll let you know my progress :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. boarder25

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're a lot further down the road than many people. Congrats on taking those steps. Good luck and keep us updated. :slight_smile:

3. Jim1454

I thought that was priceless! We all need to keep our sense of humour around this as well! Thanks for sharing, and good luck!

4. K0msomolets

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I completely agree, I found it easier to tell someone I didn't know before telling someone I do know. I suppose it must be the fact that if they are rejecting or disgusted one can be disappointed but its no loss really as you have no bridges with them to burn - they mean nothing to you. Its also a way to get used to the idea of coming out to family/friends/colleagues and to perhaps practice what to say.

So I suppose the real test comes when one actually has to say "I am gay" to somebody they know. That was the hardest part for me, in fact I was asked "Are you gay?" and I replied "I think I might be" then a few minutes later I said "I AM gay". Some how saying it to someone you know well, perhaps makes it more real, makes it a certainty, perhaps it is the final confirmation to yourself that you are in fact gay. Having said that you can only do it when you are 100% ready so take your time.

#4 K0msomolets, May 29, 2007
    Last edited: May 29, 2007
  5. Phantomblade

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    this is what i expected when i came out. but i didnt want my close friends to hear it form someone else. so i built up the guts to do it. i took me about 6 month of trying to say it to my best friend (even tho i know he would be cool with it. he has another good friend who is gay) finnaly what happened is he jokingly said "get off of me its not like your (gay friends name)" and i responded "well actually....." he thought the whole thing was a joke for about a day and then he aproched me and asked me if i was seriouse and i said yes then he was like ok, thats kool ad walked away. were still good friends:icon_bigg . but once i had told my good friends it was just so much easier to come out to my not so close friends. it was like nothing. then i came out to my parents.... but thats another story....