1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surprised a coworker!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by buriedinhw7, Nov 29, 2008.

1. buriedinhw7

Ok, so ever since everyone assumed my best friend was my girlfriend at work (as so many do, we just look so darn cute together, too bad she's straight haha!) I have been pretty open with my coworkers.

Since it was 'the talk' for a good month after last years x-mas party it's old news, except we've gotten some new people since then. We hang out together and whatnot go out and have a good time, and we've just all generally figured everyone 'knew about me'. It's great, they're all very accepting and my work has non-discrimination policies based on sexual orientation and partner benefits etc, so I feel really accepted there.

Well on this particular day, I was sorting through a bunch of our inventory and I heard my coworker go "Well why do you think C is the way she is?"

Naturally when you hear someone talking about you, you go hey why are ya'll talkin' about me?

"Oh we were just discussing why you're a lesbian."

hahahah The best part about all of this though was a newer coworker who didn't know and turned around and looked at me with this shocked WHAT?!?!?!?!?! look on her face. It was so priceless I wish I had a camera. Who needs to come out when your coworkers just do it for you? lol

And the answer to their discussion was "because boys are slow", so not true, maybe the guys they're dating. But I thought it was a funny story to share.

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Very funny! Its great people can actually talk about it now.