1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"They-already-knew" stories!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by ElizabethAnne, Nov 30, 2008.

1. ElizabethAnne

So, when my girlfriend, Amélie was talking to her sister tonight, she was teasing Addy (her sis) about her new boyfriend. This is how I imagine the exchange went:

Amélie: Addy's got a boyfriend, Addy's got a boyfriend <all very mature, tee hee>
    Addy: Ammy's got a girlfriend, Ammy's got a girlfriend.

Amélie was so shocked, and asked how she knew. Addy said, "It's pretty obvious - you guys are practically living together!"

Amélie was going to tell her sister when she went down to see her in two weeks. MAN, I LOVE IT WHEN PEOPLE ALREADY GUESS!, although maybe I should give people more credit, cuz her dad guessed too...

Now, I was wondering - does anybody have any great, "they-already-knew!" stories?

2. GuitarGirl1350

When my mother found out, she said "I know! I raised you for 15 years and you love all things gay. Duh!"

3. buriedinhw7

That was the story with my coworkers. I was shocked to find out that they figured it out themselves. I never really properly came out to them, but they knew. So it was like being in a closet with no doors. haha

4. crazyawper

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It is great,your opinion is very novelty thanks very much guy!.

5. kramer362

I just came out to this girl I've known forever, and she's actually married to a good friend of mine who's currently in Iraq. I thought for a long time that she knew or had a feeling until one day recently she was describing the mental image she has of my future wife. Well I made no attempt to be phony so I said "you honestly think I'll have a wife?" haha

Well that was a few weeks ago, but last night I finally told her. Turns out she did figure I'm gay; I was desperate to know what my tell was, because I hate being easy to read. It's all fairly obvious stuff that I think most people dismiss as shyness. She said just over the years seeing if a girl pursued me and I avoided the situation like the plague. Also since she doesn't feel uncomfortable around me it made it obvious because I never appeared attracted to her. (She worded it completely different, she wasn't implying every guy would/should wanna get with her)

I'm still not sure what her whole image of my wife was about though, if she had figured I'm gay..

6. RENThead

ha, ive had a few of them
    my best friend (is 4 years yonger than me) i took her out that day, went for lunch/dinner, saw a theatre show. walked through the markets.
    i told her at the end of the night, and she said, fiona, i already knew you were a dyke. its ok.... ive been waiting for you to tell me all day.

she already knew - and she knew i was trying to tell her.. brat.. (tho she is the only one who i let call me a dyke)

7. Evilmonkey

o ce you tell one person the word spreads pretty quickly.. so a number of people have told were already told by others...

8. Peter

One of the first guys to whom I came out was an ex-colleague of my wife. His reaction was that he knew two years ago when he first met me.

9. ColbieMarie

ColbieMarie Guest

I had one friend actually ask me if I like girls. It was during a conversation about blow jobs and I had expressed my disgust for them. I told him I wasn't sure and he gave me the tightest hug and told me he supported me 100%. It was the best coming out ever.

So I'm not sure if he actually already knew or if he was just asking that to get my reaction.

10. Janvier

Only one person sorta kinda thought she had a suspicion, otherwise no, everbody was very surprised.
    I was the only one with a girlfriend in my group of friends, so that didn't help...

11. xequar

Let's see... When I came out to my parents, my mom cut me off before I even said, "I'm gay," and filled the words in for me. She told me she knew when I was 12.

One of my close friends was like, "Well, I had thought so, but I didn't want to say anything." When I asked what clued him in, he had a whole list of stuff, including that I dress well, I went to church but didn't have any problems with gay people, I hadn't had a girlfriend in the entire time he's known me, and that I had previously said I wanted to wait until marriage for sex.

12. Master Hade

Master Hade Guest

oh everyone knows but they don't like KNOW until i tell them i guess ya know.

13. Apocalypte

My friends all just said something along the lines of "Oh, we were just waiting for you to confirm it for us" when I came out to them. Apparently despite my best efforts when I was younger it's a major case of Obvious Dyke Is Obvious.

14. Psychedelic Bookmarks

lol!

Nobody so far has found me ovbious dyke. Although I think it may be more so in the future, because I do seem to have got, um, 'dyke-y-er' lately.

15. paint

I found out that, after my cousin came out, the whole family started guessing I would be next. My uncle said it was just obvious. And I had tried so hard to mask it, it really makes me laugh now. But my mom didn't have a clue in the world, which bothered her because we're like best friends. I could have sworn that she at least suspected.