1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My way of coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by StrykerLyker, May 22, 2015.

1. StrykerLyker

Out Status:
    All but family
    So, I recently came out to all my friends on Facebook. I asked this girl out and she agreed so I decided to post a status first without people really being shocked when I changed my relationship status. So, I posted it and to my bewilderment, I got 185 likes on it and multiple messages, comments and people coming to me outside of Facebook. No one in my family knows besides my mom and cousin.

I also came out to my mom a few weeks before that and asked her if she supports LGTB rights and it turns out she did. She said she would a bit disappointed if I ended up going into a relationship with someone of the same sex because it's not how she raised me but she ended up getting over it and said she'd support me if that was my decision. I came out to her and she was confused for a bit but supported me.

By the way, my girlfriend broke up with me which hurt and thankfully my mom was actually nice about it.

But yeah, that was my coming out post.

2. Im Hazel

That sounds really positive, on the whole. Well done! It sucks about your girlfriend, but at least you are out and stuff now. (*hug*)

3. StrykerLyker

Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah. I was really sad about it. It's for the best. I knew it wouldn't last but yeah. Thank you. :slight_smile:

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry to hear that the relationship with your girlfriend didn't last but well done on coming out. That took some courage and it is wonderful that it went so well. Glad that your mom supports you, and was there for you when you needed her. (*hug*)

5. Jediknight36

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I just came out the same way. LOL. Was just simpler. And I was shocked at the outpouring of support.

6. StrykerLyker

Out Status:
    All but family
    Thank you guys! :slight_smile: Now I'm looking for someone else to date which will be hard but I'm trying. All my friends were supportive as well when I told them in person

---------- Post added 25th May 2015 at 11:00 PM ----------

By the way, I came out as Pansexual. Whoops, forgot to mention that.