1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Work Related incident...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by AS1989, Dec 1, 2008.

1. AS1989

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    don't worry this is the good kind of incident :lol:.

so like 2 or 3 months ago I went to a going away party for one of the guys who I worked with (he's gay, and the first person I came out to...but thats a different story). Well I made a lot of cool friends at this party. One of which is a girl...all the older people in the store that were present were saying how her and I would make a cute couple, especially one lady, who actually said I should go out with her.

Well now its 3(or 2 lol)months later, and I transfered into the headend of the store (cashier), the same place said lady, and friend are working. Today was my first day training, and the person that was training me walked away to go used the bathroom, during this, the lady called the phone at the register and motioned for me to pick up... then we had a conversation that went a little something like this:

Her: hey, I just wanted to say sorry for kinda presuring you to go out with [insert friends name here]

me: no...its ok.

her: no its not...but I think I know why you didn't want to go out with her, its because you're gay right?...OMG i can't believe I just did that!

me: haha, no its ok, and ur right I am.

her: omg, I'm so sorry I did that, but it just came to me right now...I don't know what it was...I'm really sorry for doing that, and pressuring you to go out with her

Me: no really its ok...don't worry about it!

Her: can we just keep this between the both of us and not tell [instert girls name here], I feel really bad...

Me: no don't its alright

Her: ok, I have to get back to work now, bye!

After this I had mixed feelings, it all happened so fast that I didn't really process it until it was all over. So the fear and anxioty came in one big wave xD...but after, I felt happy that one more person knows, and someone I work with too! :grin:.

2. Ronnie92

Congrats, thats wonderful and funny to lol :grin:

3. AS1989

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

To add to this, I also came out to an other co-worker...he was really cool about it.

And thanks Ronnie

#3 AS1989, Dec 1, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  4. pianomike

hee hee thats funny, so glad that lady understood and was willing to ask you to forgive her. i like people like that.

5. AS1989

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yea, she's nice to begin with. But I have no idea how she knew lol

6. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight