1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hmm..my story

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by siC viTa eSt, Dec 1, 2008.

?

so...you've come out, who took it the best?

1. mother

10 vote(s)
    18.9%
  2. father

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  3. siblings and other relatives

5 vote(s)
    9.4%
  4. friends

36 vote(s)
    67.9%
  5. others (co-worker, etc..)

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  1. siC viTa eSt

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    so it was about 3 1/2 years ago that i smacked myself upside the head and
    realized i was gay...i didnt tell anyone the rest of my senior year of high school,
    but then after graduationi finally told my best friend...she was incredibly supportive...3 weeks later we ended up going out, so i decided it was time to tell my sister- she was awesome about it to. i was still scared to death to tell my mom, so she did it for me...ever since then my mom has acted differently, not like she hates me, but she doesnt know what to say basically...my dad was cool and said he'll always love me...
    so basically the only problem has been my mom who decided to find another babysitter for my 3 year old baby sister, and my 6 year old lil brother...i couldnt stand the tension so i moved in with my gf and didnt talk to my mom for a year...we talk now, but i know it will never be the same as long as she only pretends to accept me....
    ~tHe pRophet~:dry:

2. silentsound

well, congratulations on your bravery! I do hope your mom comes around in time!

3. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My mom, because...well...she's nearly the only one who knows. She and my aunt reacted exactly the same way (didn't change a thing, they were actually sort of proud to have a gay child).

4. My friend (who's not exactly straight either). When I told her, she just had a kind of "Yeah, so what?" attitude. I'd say my mom took it the best, except she's trying to control it now.

5. jazzrawr

My mom. <3 My sister comes in close second, next to my best friend. <3 :grin:

6. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Absolutely my sister, followed by my mum. Friends were at the bottom of the list.

7. Markio

I've only come out to friends because I know they'd take it well. And they did! Too bad there's still a billion people left to tell...

8. ColbieMarie

ColbieMarie Guest

The first person that I came out to was probably the best experience. A few of us were talking about blow jobs,

Me:uhm, no thanks, that's not something I really want to do any time soon (or ever), I'm just weird, idk
    Geoff: (in a joking way) Well, maybe you like girls?
    Me:Well, maybe, idk, I've been thinking about it a lot lately.
    He gives me the hugest/tightest hug (best hug of my life)
    Geoff: I'm so proud of you, you know if you ever need any support you can always call me (He lives hours away).

And then throughout the night he kept telling me he was proud of me and making eye contact with me when there were a bunch of us together.

Oh, he's gay btw.

9. xequar

Most people I came out to were supportive. My friends have been great, and my dad has been too. It's taken my mom some doing, but she's trying.

10. Most people I told were fine with it too.

11. duckdrake23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know what you mean about your mom "pretending" I'm afraid that is what my mom is doing at the moment. I hope things get better for you as time passes. That is good you have a partner to help support you through this.

12. siC viTa eSt

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hey thanx guys...yea i am grateful that i have my gf and her family for support, and that has helped alot- plus my dad has been awesome...the only thing regret was missing all that time with my little sister and my brothers...:icon_mad:

13. tomahto72

tomahto72 Guest

I have to say my friend because he just didn't really care too much about and was really supportive about it(well as much as you can be when you live on the other side of the world). I would have like to put my sisters but they accepted but my twin needed time to think about it but later on in the call (after I had told my older sis) she accepted and was happy about it.

14. Jacobs

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My Friends took it the best, It has made all of my relationships Stronger.

15. Janvier

I think it's a tie between my friends, mother and sister. They've all been VERY supportive, I voted sister cos she's so proud of having a gay brother. Well, that's what her friends told me. My mother is on this site so that says everything. And my friends blab about my sexuality every chance they get. :grin:

16. Gumtree

*Packs his bags and googles FrenchAirlines*

17. boredofnormal

So far, my brother has been the best about it. He says he doesn't care and 'as long as your friends keep their hands off my ass, we're OK'. heehee.

My friends are still shocked. Many of them were church-related relationships, so I expected that, but even the co-workers were a bit blown away.

18. Linkmaste

Oh defently friends. No real support from family, and no sibs to tell. So I tend to make my best friend my sib (she found out before I really did XDD)

Yeah my friends were all giving me hugs, asking me questions and were a little surprised but I cant ask for a better reaction.

19. waitingsucks

Maybe friends are generally better at taking the news because you've probably subconsciously become their friends because you identify their accepting nature.

You can choose your friends, but you can't choose your family