1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I made the plunge

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Jediknight36, May 25, 2015.

1. Jediknight36

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I decided to come out to most of everyone I know yesterday. Because of my social isolation, its easier to talk on social media, and I posted a note (my first and only blog post at the time of this writing) and waited for the weird questions and backlash. Im actually still waiting. LOL. Its been nice. Everyone but family knows, but the family that doesnt know, doesnt because they dont like me anyway. I, still nervous, but after I did I was told I should see a therapist who could Rx me hormone meds. I think Ive taken a big step in the right direction.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on taking the plunge! It's pretty awesome that you have decided to come out to almost everyone you know all at once! You have taken quite a big step, and it sounds like that the responses your have received have exceeded your own expectations! Well done! :slight_smile:

3. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Congratulations! That was really brave of you and I hope all goes well with the rest of your coming out process (although it seems you probably don't have that much more coming out to do!)

4. Jediknight36

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    All but family
    LOL, thats kind of why I did it the way I did. I only had to work up to one big announcement and it was easily deleted if it went south. I know, chickens**t way of doing it.