1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my friend today! :D

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by jp97, May 26, 2015.

1. jp97

So today I told the first person that I was gay and I feel so happy and proud of myself.
    A while ago my friend asked me if I was gay because a boy had a crush on me and I said no, but I bugged her constantly trying to get her tell me his name and she was adamant about keeping her promise and not telling me. So I thought about it and decided that since she was excepting of LGBT and kept her promise of silence regarding her friend that I decided that if I could trust any person it was her. So at the end of school today I took her aside and told her" I'm gay and the reason I told you I wasn't gay was because There was alot my friends around listening and I was to scared to say it because i'm worried how they would respond, but I am in fact gay." and she was completely o.k with it and I told her to keep it betwwen us and she asked if she could tell the boy and I said sure. All I can say is that even if nothing comes from telling her and him i'm still glad I did it because it is an accomplishment for me and it showed me it is not that hard.

2. Ophelia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congratulations! I'm glad telling her went so well. :slight_smile:

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! It's great that your friend is supportive and that you were able to confide in her. Well done! :slight_smile: