1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Sad Story

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by thommthomm, May 29, 2007.

1. thommthomm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My story starts out like this:

The saddest day in my life was when my grandmother died at age 45yrs.-old, It was 22 days be fore my 8th birthday. Shortly after that I realized I was different, having developed a crush on one of my classmates, it was the 2nd grade.

When I was 9yrs.-old is when things got really bad, a few months after my mother married her 2nd husband he started molesting me and my brother. It lasted until I was 12yrs.-old. I took most of it because I wanted to protect my brother.

I came out at 13yrs-old after turning to GOD, but not religion. It was the thing that ultimately saved my life, because I wanted to commit suicide.

At 14yrs.-old my mother tells me that my father kidnapped and held her captive for 2 weeks and raped her, resulting in my conception. I would not even be here if my father didn't beat my mother, causing her to miscarry my sister. I know that this sounds bad, but I would not change a thing. I truly believe that everything happens for a reason, even the bad things, because they are the ones that make us who we are.

I'd like to hear what you guys think, feel free to tell any similar stories.

"HAVE FAITH AND EVERYTHING WILL BE ALL RIGHT!"

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I'm sorry you have gone through all this. The old saying is true "what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger". Congratulations on pulling through! My own grandmother was raped by her stepfather resulting in her first born child that she loved as much as her others. She was always a very strong woman and went on to have ten more children after that. Some people go through some very difficult things and make it through. Maybe this is encouragement for anybody out there who feels that their life cannot get better. It can!

3. Jim1454

Wow - I'm really sorry to read about the challenges that you've faced, but I'm so encouraged and inspired that you've pulled through it all as you have. Again - welcome to EC and thanks for sharing this with us.

4. thommthomm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks, it really means alot to have such support! I just wanted you all to know why I put my trust and faith in GOD so much! It is why the follwing is my motto:

"HAVE FAITH AND EVERYTHING WILL BE ALL RIGHT!"

5. Jim1454

I think there is a spiritual dimension to all of us that we sometimes don't connect with very well. I know that's the case for me, but I'm working on it. Without nurturing that spiritual dimension, I feel we (at least I) am too focussed on self, and not focussed enough on others around me. That inward focus has lead to an isolation and loneliness that in turn took me down a very self destructive path.

Not sure if others can relate, or know what I'm talking about...

Having faith helps with accepting our situation and moving on, even though the road ahead isn't always well marked.

Again - thanks for sharing your story.

6. EthanS

EthanS Guest

I wundt have been alive if my mum knew english, cuz she didnt want me and my twin bro, but she cudnt speak english, and cudnt hav an abortion so she had to have us lol

7. EthanS

EthanS Guest

No one got raped.. in my family..hope not neway. But bad stuff did happen like my mum tried to kill my sister by posioning her, and she did once chase my 2 eldest bros wiv a big kitchen knife, i think it was becos thru stress. And my uncle got framed and put in jail.

8. thommthomm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just take it one day at time and it will get better. I do know what you are saying and it wasn't easy for me either at first, but I just gave it all to GOD and trusted him. Hope that helps! I will be there if ever you need to talk about this! I know having faith in such a hostile world is not easy, but it can help.

"HAVE FAITH AND EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT"

9. Jim1454

Ethan - Yikes! That sounds like pretty bad stuff too! Are you managing ok now? Are things better at home? I hope so - sounds like your mom's had a tough life too - not sure what else would cause someone to act that way. I hope she's better, and you're not in any danger. If you are, I hope you can get some help. I'm sure there are people or agencies that could help.

Let us know if there is anything that any of us can do.

10. SpikySpice

Oh god, sorry for what happened to you Thommthomm, well, Like everybody, I'm so glad that you can overcome all your challenege, it has been a long road for you, I'm not suure if I can do what you did^^

My sis didnt get rape, but she has to do a bortion, becuase her bf made a mistake on her, they could keep it, but that freaking crazy dude didnt

Ethan, my mom used to chase me and my sis all around the house, and we had a big garden so we were lucky, lol, but the thing we were scared the most is that she could get a heart attack and fell on the ground, so we had to stop to let her beat us

I used to be sex abused, when I was only in 2nd grade. some guys in my school and a dude in the church. He took away my virginity, he was in mid 20, and he said he 'll kill me if I tell someone. I was so scared but I dint know anybody to tell, and it went on and on till my middle school, when I moved here

11. thommthomm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Spikeyspice I am very sorry that you had to endure such hardships. No one deserves to have that happen to them. I hope that you got help in dealing with it. I went to therapy for the abuse, not because I am gay. It took awhile, but I was able to forgive my former stepfather for what he did. I felt like I had to or I would never have healed my soul and spirituality.

"HAVE FAITH AND EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT"

12. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Yer its kinda normal now, since my mum is back to her self.. neway she doesnt have her fits nemore, even if she did we can stop her neway. And wen im angry im quite dangerous myself, must hav got it from her..:bang: . She was only like that bcoz when she was in hong kong her husband cheated on her and she left me step sistas i think.

13. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Soory to hear that.. That happened to sumone in my primary school he got raped by sum guy in high school dat took drugs.. lukily i werent hangin around. Being abused sounds hard to cope wiv..:cry:

14. Jersey4Life

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm so sorry to hear about your childhood Thommthomm. Mine sounds like a dream compared to what happened with you, but mine wasn't easy either. My father constantly had affair after afair after afair when I was a child and that's why he's moving on to his third wife. One day I "looked at him wrong" and he threw me out in the middle of February in a snow storm in New Jersey, and all I had on was a t-shirt and shorts. I had to actually show him through a window me dialing 911 on my cell before he let me back in. I can also recall a day when I was five he got so made at me he threw me in the car and drove me to what he called an orphanage (it was a battered woman's shelter) and threatened to leave me there. But that's about as bad as it got between us, and with some therapy and his moving to Florida we've actually started to be civil again.

15. thommthomm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for your concern and I am sorry that you had to go through that as well. I am glad that things are working out for you and your dad. I never got to meet my real dad and after what he did to my mom I don't know if I ever want to, but then my mom told me earlier this week that he is dieing of Hepititis C...so I don't know what to do. What do you guys think?

16. Jersey4Life

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If it were me, I'd let him die alone. I don't know, I think for him seeing you might bring a sense of victory to him, like he still has a grip on you even in his dying state.

17. thommthomm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you, but my 2nd step-father is the one who molested me...my real father, the one who raped my mother(which led to my conception) and caused her to miscarry my sister, is the one who is dying. I guess I just want him to know that I exist...you see my mother left him when she was 3 months pregnant with me and when I was 6months-old she married his cousin, who became my 1st step-father and who I consider to be my father.

18. Jersey4Life

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Don't ya just hate all the steps? Personally, I've gotten tired of it, I've had so many I don't think I can remember all their names. But, I know who you were talking about. He raped your mother and basically killed your sister, and if he saw you he might think that he owns you or he let you live and you owe him or some twisted thing like that. It's hard to understand, but that's the first thing that came to my mind when I thought about it.

19. thommthomm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I now understand, thank you for concern, thoughts and input... it really means alot to me!

20. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i find the big posts hard to read but do understand it. you have had a bad time and i hope that you are better and ok now. im also sorry that your grandmother died at only 45yo it was very young for a grand mother, was she sick???