1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out today

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by ToneDef, May 30, 2015.

1. ToneDef

ToneDef Guest

A week or so ago, I told my mom that I also liked guys. She didn't freak out about it. It was fine. She supports that. Today, I talked with her and told her I was going camping and that one of the friends of the friends I'm going with hit on me. She's a cougar (40ish) and hasn't had sex with her husband in 8 years due to some dysfunction downstairs. She told me to watch out for that and I paused for a minute and said it. "I'm gay." She looked a little shocked and said "I thought you said you liked guys, too." I had said that before and explained that I was scared and didn't know how to say it before. She said a lot of people identify as bisexual and said I could be that but I told her I wasn't and that I don't think I ever enjoyed women like that. I still appreciate any persons beauty but it doesn't go beyond that for me. I've always had an open mind though and dated them for their personality but never thought any girlfriends were really that attractive. (I've always had to make myself find a girl attractive even during sex). She asked me if I liked wearing girls clothes (she knows, I'm sure) and I didn't give a straight answer. Now I wish I had. Instead, I told her I wasn't sure and that I was still discovering myself with that. I definitely left it open though and she could see the hesitation. I wasn't ready to discuss all of that yet but after I move out I plan on painting my nails and stuff like that once in a while around her and more on a daily basis and ease us both into that conversation. I think it was a win-win today. She asked about grandkids and I told her she would have more (brother has 2). She said as long as she has kids, she's happy and we're doing well. :slight_smile: One down. :thumbsup:

2. Gallatin

I'm glad things went well! :slight_smile: