1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Harry Potter Helped Me Come out to a friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Countryguitar, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Countryguitar

Out Status:
    A few people
    Before last week only two people knew i was into guys, the guy i fooled around in college with and one gay friend.

Last week as some of you may have seen the photos of Matthew Lewis, who played Neville in Harry Potter, where he posed in just his briefs for a magazine (can you say hot). Anyway, my friend and i are both Harry Potter nerds somehow landed on that and i stated he was hot kind of in passing.

So the convesation progresses and eventually she kinda subtly asks if i was gay. Not being one to lie i said i was. It might be slightly incorrect as i occasionally am attracted to girls still.

Same friend previously had mentioned being bi. Shes now happily married to a good man with kids. So i guess i was comfortable in confided in her. Shes been great about it and has been very supportive. We have even talked about guys together.

Still in the closet to all my friends and family but it was a good positive experience.

2. Silver Sparrow

Glad you had such a positive experience with your friend. Congrats!

3. Lyana

Yep, definitely hot.

Anyway, that's how it starts -- with a few people, and then bit by bit... you're out. Congratulations -- it's really cool that it went so well. She sounds like an accepting person. Plus, one more reason to love HP...