1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally out to everyone

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Spacetime, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Spacetime

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm finally out to everyone in my life, as of yesterday morning. :eusa_danc I used facebook because I have such a large extended family. Everyone has been very positive and supportive. I'm feeling very lucky to have the family I do. (I have one homophobic uncle and a few less than tolerant distant relatives, but they haven't said anything. As long as they leave me be, I'm happy.)

This is what I posted:

"I’ve always tried to be a frank and honest person, but there’s something I’ve been struggling to say for years. I’ve been nervous, for the usual reasons I suppose. I’m afraid of people looking at me different, I’m afraid of this being the only way others define me. But it’s just a simple fact, and I’m tired of treating it like a big, shameful thing. I’m gay. I like mystery stories and board games and really terrible puns, and girls. None of those things are very important to who I am. My sexuality really isn’t a big deal to me, and I hope it isn’t to you.

Thanks for reading this. I hope everyone has a wonderful summer. :slight_smile:
    "

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A neat FB post and I'm so pleased for you. How does it feel to be out to everyone? :slight_smile:

3. Spacetime

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you! It feels nice. I know that's sort of a lame adjective, but it fits. I feel more serene than I have in a while.

4. Jellal

I'm happy for you! Jealous too. But mostly happy for you.