1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came Out To Best Friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by IntrovertedMe, Jun 5, 2015.

1. IntrovertedMe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi all

Yesterday I came out to my best friend as bi sexual. I'm a female btw.
    I've known I wasn't 100 % straight since I was 21 and I'm now 37. My best friend who is a gay male himself ( and recently came out of the closet four months ago to friends only) asked me via text if I was gay. I admitted I was bi sexual. Apparently he's been suspecting for awhile but never asked because he figured I will tell him in my own time.

When I came out to him and he accepted it. Or so I thought. The next morning I get another text with him telling me he was angry with me. We talked about it because he thought I had double standards. I didn't react too well when he came out because he used me as a cover because he was in denial but I never used him. I made my feelings for him perfectly clear. I was in love with him and he used me. We talked about it and he seems to be okay now.

Two people know and my family won't ever know. I'm not ready.

2. Im Hazel

Congratulations on coming out! I'm glad that it went relatively well, but it's kind-of sad that you can't speak to your family... I hope that someday you will be able to! ^^