1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good gay person

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by ColbieMarie, Dec 7, 2008.

1. ColbieMarie

ColbieMarie Guest

I was talking to a friend on facebook chat about a mutual friend of ours that just got engaged (this girl in turning 20 this week, and her fiance will be 19 in January). They're way young and making a huge mistake. I was telling this girl how I didn't think I would get married because I don't see myself finding someone that I want to spend the rest of my life with. And she's like oh, well maybe you're gay, and I said maybe. Then she told me that she loves gay people and it doesn't matter to her who is gay. She then told me that I would make a good gay person. Wtf? She had no idea what she meant by that and the conversation just kinda shifted...

Anyone else get called a good gay person?

2. Nixon

a girl told me that and I was like wtf a week ago

I'm scared :icon_sad:

3. ColbieMarie

ColbieMarie Guest

Why are you scared?

4. buriedinhw7

My friends tell me I look/act too gay to be straight. Which is odd coming from a few people who think of stereotypical butch lesbian since I have long hair. I guess I'm too tomboyish? I don't understand people so I just gave up haha.

And yikes, that really is really really young. >.> I don't want to get married until I'm at least 28, and that's if I find someone that would actually want to marry haha.

5. ColbieMarie

ColbieMarie Guest

I'm a very straight acting/dressing/behaving person so I have no idea what she was thinking.

Yeah, I'm still way immature, getting married sounds way strange.

6. MattyPatty

He'd be scared cause he goes to a catholic school (I think anyways xD)

People tell me I make an awesome gay guy :slight_smile: Mostly because I am...

7. george678

Yes.

8. buriedinhw7

Maybe because you're so awesome you must be gay? Because we all know we gays rock.

Yeah, I have my weird girly I want to get married someday days, but for the most part I get this ridiculous look on my face. Mostly because someone usually asks if I'm dating a guy that I want to marry? I kind of laugh and walk away.

9. ColbieMarie

ColbieMarie Guest

I guess I am just that awesome.

10. buriedinhw7

Big head much? *deflates slightly*

I kid. I started it anyhow haha.

11. ArcusPuer

why do you think she is making a mistake?
    my sister got engaged at 16 to a really really nice guy who actually told her to study during her high school exams and stayed away from her, they aren't married yet but 3 years later they are now about to sign off on a house.

My mother got married to my father when she was 19 and 28 YEARS LATER she and my father are both very happily married.

quite frankly, you're no one to say whether someone is making a mistake by getting married.

oh yeah and not to my recollection have i been called a good gay guy....
    ^ ha at illiteration

12. buriedinhw7

It's just personal opinion really. She's not going to physically try to stop the two from getting married, just voicing her personal opinion and how it got her to the point of the conversation where she was called a good gay person?

Yeah I butt in, sorry haha.

:lol: I know I'm a jerk. haha. It's a wonder I have friends at all.

13. ColbieMarie

ColbieMarie Guest

If this was just some random girl that I went to school with, or a friend of a friend then I would be no one to say that she is making a mistake about this however that is not the situation.

This girl has been a good friend of mine for the past 7 years. I know her and I know the situation. I didn't fully explain the situation because that wasn't the main part of what I was getting at.

14. Miles D

ummm that's kind of awkward!!
    how exactly does one go about being a "good" gay person?

sounds like she meant stereotypical gay girl?! or maybe that girls like you so it seems natural that you'd date them?!

no idea!! weirdd...
    :grin:

15. dictionary

you would make a good gay person = i would like to have lezbian sex with you?

16. Fiorino

That's what she said.

17. tomahto72

tomahto72 Guest

I don't know about being a good gay person but all the kitchen ladies I work with say I would make an excellent husband for a very lucky woman (they don't know...yet). I usually chuckle at that point.

18. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Mmmm....what does that mean..."a good gay person". Because funnily enough my friends say that to me a lot and I am very much still in that closet, so none of them know Im gay. I'm quite tomboyish so maybe some of them just guess, especially if they know me quite well. Or maybe it's just a way of them telling me "it's okay if you're gay because we'll love you just the say". I know my friends would be ok with it.

19. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    some people ask me if im gay..... they problably suspect,,
    then there are people how dont suspect at all ... one of my friends said i was a homophobe xD