1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my coming out story *Full*

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by emma7, Jun 12, 2015.

1. emma7

This is going to be a long thread so any morning readers might want to pop the kettle on :wink:

So anyway, I did two separate threads a while back ~ 1 of my first failed coming out and the 2nd one on my succeeded coming out. Thought I would pop it all into one story. Right well off we go :grin:

Around march time I was talking to another gay male friend his name is Alex. So we were having a chat on Facebook and he was asking me what I was (Gay,bi +) I just said I didn't know, although I always said I always sworn I was straight but I only just started questioning it recently. I always dressed quite masculine (shirts, pants etc) and I told him that I looked at "frisky" pictures of women and felt attracted etc to them but it felt so wrong.

So to put it short n' sweet ~ He said that he thought I'm gay and basically opened my eyes and helped me come to terms about it all.

Skipping ahead a few weeks (yes you can probably see this is going to end badly :eusa_doh: ) It kind of felt like I was ready to come out to mum ( :eusa_doh: I know!) I had accepted myself although not fully. I didn't prepare at all.

Again short and sweet ~ I said "mum I'm gay" she said "don't be f***ing stupid of course you're not" (She is homophobic incase you didn't notice lol, although not a hardcore one) She just took it as a joke (don't blame her really :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ) So I just left it at that.

Now a few months ahead this time ( About May time) ~

I had fully accepted myself and came out to all of my friends and they all seem very supportive :icon_bigg So that really boosted my confidence and I stumbled upon this website which also helped me alot.

~The true coming out :slight_smile: ~

The day arrived (7/5/2015 English date system)
    I originally didn't want to come out by a letter but my brother was here and I wasn't ready to come out to him. So I knew he would hear us (me and mum) and I just couldn't take it any longer! I had to come out NOW!

I grabbed my paper and a pen and well wrote my coming out letter ( Just hope the pic shows! ) Handed her that and this time I was more serious about it all. She just went "Oh..ok..So? You're gay..and..?" I could tell by the tone in her voice that she was serious so I was more shocked on how well she took it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: We just hugged after that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The following day~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When It was just me and her she just asked me a few questions like "Well how do you know?" "Are you sure?" and "Well even though I don't agree on same sex relationships, I'll always love you and support you for who you are :slight_smile: " and just some things as "Well if you bring your gf here just don't shove it in my face kind of thing..like kissing etc." I was fine with that :icon_bigg
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Now~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So everything is fine. I'm out to all my friends and my mum. I'm pretty open about it. I still have my sister,grandma(Uh yeah not going to happen!) and my brother. Although I think he probably knows based on the things I post on Facebook :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Sometimes she'll make the odd homophobic "joke" which doesn't faze me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But apart from that everything is going good! :icon_bigg

2. emma7

forgot to add it!

Attached Files:

3. hanshotfirst

Nice to hear moms a little more accepting now-still waiting to tell mine. Hopefully will be easier to tell your brother and sister. Good luck

4. emma7

thanks. I'm not planning on telling my brother and sister anytime soon though lol

5. || Kheya ||

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not really planing on coming out any time soon, to any one at all :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But I'm really happy for you .. That your mother finally accepted the fact and she's being supportive .. How are your friends reacting, if you would like to share?

6. emma7

@Kheya ~ Thanks :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: they're fine with it all. They were just like "oh ok" when I made it fully public on Facebook quite a few commented "REALLY?! No way!"

So mixed reactions. Although I think a few had unfriended me :lol: but they were people I didn't really know. But the ones who are close and I talk to quite often seem supportive :grin: