1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out more frequently this month

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Ghost93, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Ghost93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Now that I've graduated from my homophobic Christian college and am doing an internship in D.C. in which I am being housed with several college or recently graduated students, I have felt a lot more confident in sharing about my sexual orientation.

For one, D.C. is a much more liberal area than the small town I grew up in. Two, I don't have to worry about getting kicked out of the program because it's not a homophobic Christian program.

Just today I came out to a girl within minutes of meeting her when she was discussing the issue of LGBT rights. It was just a natural progression of the conversation and there was no dramatic "So….I'm gay" moment.

And then there was my roommate. I was suffering a lot of anxiety over whether or not to tell him because my previous roommates were so homophobic (as in saying they would like to beat gay people up and refuse to shake their hand) that I was initially unsure if I should be too open about myself from the get go. But since I figured he was going to find out at some point (he's one of those people that's good at getting me to say more about myself than I would like), I decided to just go ahead and tell him. He said he already knew, due to my disinterested reactions to him talking about hot girls. He was completely fine with it and said he admired my courage to tell him.

I'm just so happy by the success recently. :icon_bigg And now I have finally made up my mind, I AM going to the pride parade tomorrow whether I can find people to go with or not.

2. hanshotfirst

Great to hear you're feeling more comfortable the more you are coming out and nice to hear everyone seems to be so accepting. Have fun at the parade. I came out 3 days after the parade so I missed the opportunity. Let me know how it was, hope you have a nice time and get to meet someone