1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out via Social Media

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by walkerhamilton, Jun 15, 2015.

1. walkerhamilton

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I came out a few weeks ago to everyone, but before then I came out to three of my closest friends. I came out first to my friend who is bi, so it was easier I felt.

Anyway, I've wanted to come out publicly for many years, but I had no idea what was stopping me. I knew that my family and friends would be fine with it, and I knew how to handle people who were not. I came out by posting a picture on Instagram, but I was still nervous for some reason. I had so many butterflies in my stomach and my heart was racing. I posted a picture of spongebob with when he had the rainbow between his hands and he was saying "imagination," but instead it said "I'm gay." Also I captioned the picture saying "Closets are for clothes, not people."

It was super strange and nerve wracking when my sisters liked the photo, but everyone was completely fine with it, and I feel so much better now.

2. HikaruStop

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That sounds like a fun, creative and easy way to come out. Well done on coming out!