1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out to my best friend.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by RoseLalonde, Jun 15, 2015.

1. RoseLalonde

Out Status:
    A few people
    Recently I have come to the conclusion that I am genderfluid and I decided to come out to my best friend last night. I knew he would be accepting since he is transgender, although I was still rather nervous. I was texting him and I asked if I could tell him something, and he obviously said of course. After some hesitation I emerged from Narnia and told him that I'm pretty sure that I am genderfluid. I almost immediately sent another message, changing the subject to my cat since I was quite nervous. He responded with something about how cats are losers before telling me that it's cool and he asked if I preferred any different pronouns. We talked about it for a few minutes before the subject changed again.

I am honestly relieved now. I am not sure why though, since I knew he would be accepting. I just feel better about myself now and I feel as though I am not as alone. I don't have as much anxiety about being genderfluid anymore. I plan on coming out to my other best friend and my two other friends sometime soon.

2. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good job! Coming out is a very satisfying feeling to have~
    I wish you luck on your other friends.

3. SwimScotty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yay! I'm glad it went well for you! Positive responses are such a confidence boost, and it feels wonderful when someone accepts you for you.