1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any tips on how to come out / who to trust?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Greggers, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Greggers

Here is my story:

Im 18, in my first year of collage.

I live in an ultra-conservative, church run town.

Ive just recently accepted im gay, after 8 years of fighting myself, ignoring it, and suicide attempts.

I feel this deep urge to just scream to the world "I THINK IANTO FROM TORCHWOOD IS FUCKING HOT!" but i would be shot.

I can come out to internet friends, but that only goes so far.

I am tierd of pretending to like women.

So who should i come out to!?! I have alot of pro-gay friends (the subject came up a few times at my Christian high school, so i know were people stand) but none of they know a gay person, or know im gay (to my current knowledge). There are a few girls who always say that "they want a gay man to be BFF's with and go shopping with" then there is my one friend who says she "would totally marry another chick, and its just "meh", as long as they can cook" and then there are my two BFF's (Both, again, girls) who *might* know im not the straightest person in the world. One is prone to sticking on a smiley mask when it comes to tough issues like this, and the other would most likely support me but *maybe* leak my secret to 1-2 other people. As far as my guy friends, i dont have too many but the ones i do have ive lied to about loving women far too much. Im sure some of them might support me, but some might spread hate and lies. Above all i just CANT let my family know, because they are NOT ok with it. Also, how would i "come out" to these people, if at all? Any tips?

2. gaius

gaius Guest

i spent weeks deciding no to tells someone but who, i found it easier to tell a girl because i know secrets of hers that are jut as important to her, we both turst eachother and when i told her she was surprised as i said in my thread but she wasn't really that bothered, i also plan on telling her boyfriend whos a close friend of mine over the christmas as a test subject for straight guys..*Gulp!* if all goes well ill tell more people, i hope this little story helps good luck
    steve

3. Greggers

Yea, that does help :icon_bigg

I think im going to tell one of my girl friends first, and only her, to judge the reaction.
    I hope she understands, cause this is what im thinking could happen:

Reaction 1) "Wow....really? .....wow.....um.....i have to go...um, now....yea...."

4. Greggers

weird, it auto-posted? anyways...

Reaction 2) "So is that why you watch Hairspray so much? haha. Well your secret is safe with me."

Reaction 3) same as above but the secret isnt kept, and things get nasty

5. gaius

gaius Guest

haha i have a film like that called cruel intentions, everyone thinks i watch it for the women hehe, if theyre a close trusted friend i can't see how it could be anything but number 2 just don't tell the village gossip who likes to spread secrets!