1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out to my brother (and other stuff)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by 447, Jun 18, 2015.

1. 447

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I pretty much told him I'm not interested in girls, and he didn't have a negative reaction. I don't think he cares. He occasionally references my homosexuality with a humorous tone, so if he's commenting me on how I'm gay, it's safe to assume he knows? I don't mind his jokes at all, they're pretty much harmless. Like if I comment that I like some woman's hairstyle he'll say "I thought you weren't into girls!" /in a joking tone.

He's also said that he doesn't understand why I'd be in to other men, but he doesn't need to understand so-

Also I doubt he'll tell my parents (that would be trouble)

I'm kinda happy with myself over this. I don't have a lot of gay friends though, so I don't have a lot of encouragement or support :help:

I think I'm starting to accept myself as gay and I'm finally able to see myself living that way in the future. Recently I've started to really feel happy when I see pro lbgt advances in the culture. (That's taken a lot of adjusting to) I actually am excited when I think about eventually being an openly gay musician. (There are very few and precious fewer whose music I actually enjoy) This is a big step forward for me!

2. Erick

Your situation is exactly as mine. :slight_smile: