1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I regret coming out is this normal?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by MidnightStar, Jun 20, 2015.

1. MidnightStar

Out Status:
    A few people
    I actually came out 2s but I'm going to share my true coming out story for some reason it's really hard for me to go back and think about what happened that night.
    I was young but I don't remember how young anymore, my sister, mother and aunt was fighting.

My aunt had a gay daughter my sister was debating why gay was wrong and my mother was going back and forth between sides also debating with everyone. I was sitting on the couch listening to everyone fighting and debating. Days before I was struggling with the possibility's and knowledge that I wasn't completely straight. I was becoming upset and shocking I just remembered something I didn't think I was and I was scared.

And as everyone was fighting It beating me up inside while I listened to people support it and then others like my sister slam it into the ground. Then my sister walked outside and drove away only to leave my at this (Point slightly unsupportive mother of the lgbt) standing their fighting with my aunt who was supportive of the lgbt.

There bickering and I so strongly remember me blowing up I couldn't listen to it and I started hating myself and feeling uncomfortable. And I stood up and yelled "I'm ******* gay" And I ran out of the house because I had said something that not only shocked everyone! but I never expected that i was ACTUALLY going to TURLY lose it to the point of not being able to handle it.

I just remember walking in the dark with everyone at the house yelling for me to come back down the road, i wouldn't i just continued walking. My mother was going to drive after me as i heard her repeat that sentence a few times before my aunt said "No you need to let her be right now!" I remember i had no intentions of going to the house or returning but i didn't have a option or a place to stay the night, so eventually i walked back to my aunts house.

Then everyone wanted to talk about it they basically sat me down and i don't even remember the entire thing honestly i just remember them asking me questions like "How did you know?" or "When did you start feeling this" them questions was alright and i responded. Until my mother decided to bring up SEX and how i had SEX yay thanks mother. And that was my personal life and business i did have it but weather or not i had it wasn't anyone's concern.

And i was still at my edge and i looked at them and said "You know, maybe i'm bisexual" it ended their due to me feeling thanks to them very "Awkward hated and weird" And then finally i came out years later it was taken alright but my family still wanted to know about my sexual encounter and i ignored it
    They think its a phase.

Eventually i believe they started accepting it because it wasn't stopping and i was decently open about the subject so my mother understands but i feel they sometimes don't wish to believe. But I'll take that over another bad coming out story.
    I still till this very day regret coming out like that but i was so young i didn't even know there was coming out advice online or supportive community's i didn't think twice about it and with my questions and fear it just happened.
    :icon_redf

(Sorry about my spelling issues and really can't fix everything sense my program sucks)
    Oh and, i'm almost asexual but i'm not

#1 MidnightStar, Jun 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  2. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At the time you may not have been quite ready to come out, as you were still coming to terms with your sexuality. But I can see how the emotion of the 'debating' made you do what you did. In those circumstances it's perfectly normal to have regrets.
    The thing is, it's done and cannot be undone, so make the best of it. I'm glad everything started to workout.

3. QuietFishy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Everyone has regrets and it is totally normal to regret coming out (I have regretted coming out so your not alone).You will have a lot of regrets in your life that you will have to live with. But whats done is done you can't change it so you have to live with what you got. Just try to make the best of it.

4. Florestan

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There's nothing wrong with wishing you had done things differently, and that's not unusual. People sometimes idealize coming out as an easy process where you can just sit down with someone and calmly, rationally work through any questions they have. Real life is a lot messier than that. What matters most, though, is where you are now. Dwelling on the past won't help you decide how to move forward.