1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out is going so well :)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by loveislove01, Jun 22, 2015.

1. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A week ago, my girlfriend and I started coming out to everybody except our families. It went so well, better than I had imagined. I made some LGBT friends in our school, and everybody had such a positive reaction.

This was last week - I first told my group of elementary school friends, in class. This specific class was called the "gay-class" because half of the people are LGBT. With my four friends, We'd been fighting quite a bit, and they were downright mean at times, but it was getting better so we told them. One cried because we didn't say it earlier, the others were so sweet about it, saying how we were so cute together and asking what our sexuality was.
    Then, other people in that class found out, and I made good friends.
    A few hours later, I came out to four more people. They were very sweet and supportive just as anyone else! One of my friends is a hardcore Christian, and had made some homophobic comments before, but when I told her, she was nice about it, and said she didn't think of me or her any different as a friend.
    Today was the last day of school, and the topic came up in one class, and we're pretty close as a class, so I didn't mind telling them. This guy asked me if I had a "Boyfriend...oh wait, you could have a girlfriend too. I don't judge." so I ended up telling the whole class. Later on, I had another friend who was very religious and even more homophobic than the others, but she reacted so well. She'd said pretty mean things before, but she told me she thought we were a cute couple and apologized for making homophobic comments.

(*hug*) I'm just so happy today that people are more accepting than I thought they would be!
    I'm going to high school, so I'm going to have to do it again, but this was great!

Coming out to people gives such a relieving feeling. I suggest that anybody who wants to come out to people close to them should do it, unless it's dangerous for them. It's an awesome feeling.:lol:

2. Eye Shine

This good for you! Although I am not really surprised considering you live in Connecticut which is the North east. That is why I am not so surprised. If you lived in the south though I would be jaw dropped about how accepting basically the entire school was