1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm finally out!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by comingout18, Jul 1, 2015.

1. comingout18

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I know that for a lot of people coming out is a terrible experience, but I just thought I would share a positive one to show that coming out can go completely smoothly! about a week ago I came out to all of my friends as a lesbian, and literally nobody cared! There was a moment of shock because I am incredibly girly and apparently according to them 'I don't look like the type' and then after that it was completely fine! But the one I was scared about were my parents, not because they would be weird about it but I just didn't want the awkward conversation and I didn't want them asking loads of questions that I don't necessarily have the answers to. So tonight I went down the stair and I just said 'I need to tell you something seriously... I'm gay' and the only respone I got? My mum saying 'oh yeah I kind of knew', then my dad said he loved me and then I went upstairs and carried on as normal! I know this sounds weird but I was kind of hoping that someone would have a bit more than that as a reaction hahaha :lol: so yeah I just wanted to write it out because I'm so happy right now and I don't have anyone to tell really hahaha

2. fxngirl

fxngirl Guest

Congrats! I'm glad to hear your family and friends were very supportive :slight_smile::thumbsup:

3. The Purple One3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's awesome!!!! I'm happy for you!!!:eusa_clap

4. doinitagain

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation: