1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I almost outed myself to my family

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Soph14, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Soph14

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So I was sitting in the living room with my mum watching TV when I mentioned to her that I was going into town with a girl which she'd never heard the name of before (I met this particular girl only a few weeks ago).

There was a few moments silence then she blurted out.. SOPHIE!! I KNOW!

I thought right I'm just gonna say it, a perfect moment now she has realised...

Until she said.. "I bet you're really going with a boy!"

Like in a way I'm very relieved she doesn't know still, but another way I don't know why she is assuming so much that I'm straight, I mean I wear boys clothes and I'm not girly at all, I literally always talk about girls and even my friends say it's obvious :lol:

Closet problems like..

2. The Purple One3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow. That was straight out of a sitcomn. So she was like "I KNOW" and you were probably like 0.0 then she said something totally different? Just wow... That must have been terrifying for a second. And she still can't pick up on you, even when it is supremely obvious! (*hug*)

3. Soph14

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah my heart started beating real fast and it changed in a second! I'm so surprised she hasn't guessed yet, I practically dress and behave like a boy haha

4. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My mom was the same way. She would always point out the boys who she thought "liked" me. I was the most masculine girl I knew. Your mom probably assumes that you are straight because that is the default in her mind. Kind of like assuming that a baby born with a penis will definitely be a boy. Your mom might not have ever seriously considered that you might not be straight.

5. galaxygia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yep, my mom assumes I'm straight too. Sometimes we watch TV and there's some really annoying and/or stupid guy on the show she's like 'If you ever bring a boy home who is like that, then etc etc etc' and I just am like 'okay' when I'm really thinking: 'You really don't have to worry about that Mom'