1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I... Did It.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by SabreBear, Jul 5, 2015.

1. SabreBear

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At around 9:30PM NT July 5th, 2015 I came out as transexual to my mother.

To sum things up my mother has always been conservative, as well as an orthodox Christian. Her view-point has been narrowed up until now.

We were having a firepit, just the two of us and our two dogs. We had some fun laughing, and then we got into more serious talk. I said in passing that I would like the see a social worker again to discuss things. She brought up that I can tell her anything, and then well.. things started to get a lot more intense.

Eventually I asked her, "mom do you know what a transexual is?" She responded, "I might have heard it being used before." And then I explained to her what it was, and how I am identifying as a male.

I told her that for the past while online I've been having people use he/him as well as call me Rob. She seemed very confused at first, but then it sort of... changed when I said. "It has been giving me a lot more confidence."

I am not confident at all, and I think she was kind of blown away by that fact.

So crying as I was, I continued to talk to her about it, and she didn't say much. Eventually she just looked at me and said. "You have to support your child, even if they are choosing to live a harder life. I want you to be you, no matter what."

Cue me breaking down and crying (even more than I was.)

This woman, the one who I have been so terrified of telling, the one who raised me to believe that homosexuals were evil.. was okay with who I was. As long as I was happy.

She then proceeded to ask me if there was anything she could do. I told her that I'd prefer to be called he/him or Robert. And she said it would take her awhile to catch on, but she would try. (And she actually did catch herself once when we were walking back inside.)

I also told her about T and binding, though she said with our current financial situation we can't do much about that. She did say she'd take me out to get a more masculine haircut if I wanted.

So yeah, despite me still being teary-eyed I am so happy right now. I didn't expect things to turn out how they did. But for some reason they did.

At 9:30PM NT July 5th, 2015 I finally let the world know who I really am.

2. ThroughTheMist

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
  3. Van

Van

Congrats, hon! (*hug*) I know how important is your mom to be as accepting, so I'm really happy for you!

4. ToneDef

ToneDef Guest

Props to you! That's awesome! :eusa_danc I'm really glad your mom is showing so much support :slight_smile: Here's to happiness (*hug*)

5. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations, I'm glad it went well for you! (*hug*)

6. Comhionannas

That is wonderful news! Congratulations (!)

7. MetalRice

Congrats!; it's great that it went so well!

8. XVI

XVI

You have a freaking awesome mother, Rob. I'm happy for you!

(Remember to update your out status on here. I see it's still the same. :wink: )

9. Im Hazel

Congratulations! <3 It takes a lot of guts to come out for the first time...

10. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wonderful! Congratssssss! :thewave:
    Hopefully she will continue to learn and listen to you, good luck with the aftermath! You deserve this going great! Congratulations! :eusa_clap