1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out High School

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Markio, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Markio

Yeah, I wish I went to a school called that... but actually, this thread is to announce my coming out to many of my high school friends! :grin:

I didn't really admit to myself that I was gay until college this year, and since then I've made a lot of very supportive friends who I'm able to be honest and open with. After returning home (with my female friend from high school that attends the same college with me and knows of my sexual orientation), I visited my high school today with some other alumni from my grade. I brought it up twice, as follows:

First was in a car with one gay friend who already knew, and two girls, one a sophomore and the other from my grade. After leaving Starbucks, I started talking about how our choir had seen Wicked last year, and I mentioned how I had been near the theatre at my first gay dance club, because surprise, I'm gay! The two girls sitting up front exchanged glances with little smiles of surprise until I said, "Wow, awkward silence," which made them laugh. No big deal to them, just a heads up it seemed like.

Later, I was helping a girl and (gay) guy move a couch from the school's theatre stage to the girl's truck, because it was rented for the fall play and needed to be brought back to wherever it came from. As she and I pushed it down the hall, the other guy sat on it and spread his legs jokingly. I said something to the effect of, "speaking of which, I'm kinda batting for the other team now too."
    "Shut up," she said, smiling.
    I nodded, and she hugged me and said, "I knew it; come here." Hug! (*hug*)

So those were my comings out today to high school friends.:thumbsup: On Saturday I'm going to a sleep-over with more of the same friends, and I'm thinking of coming out to some of them as well.

I still have my best friend from high school to tell; earlier today we were talking about politics at Le Boulanger, and he said he was kinda sad about the passing of Prop 8. I agreed but didn't meet his eyes because we were sitting side by side anyway, but also because the two girls at the table knew about me and I wanted to try and exchange glances with them.

It just doesn't seem like the kind of thing to bring up at a slumber party. Unless it comes up, then yes, definitely. Otherwise, I may wait for a more appropriate time. At least now some more people know! I'm so happy and comfortable with myself!:grin:

2. Blaz

Blaz Guest

Dude, congrats! That's really freaking awesome.

I still need to come out to my first people(Though a lot of my friends are really accepting). Conservative hometowns suck though, and I think that most of the people I knew from high school could wait to find out.

3. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

congrats...I'm actually working backwards, telling the people I met in hs first and then working to my college friends.

4. Trumpetplyer23

I came all the way out, this year (my sophomore year of high school). The chicks do actually dig me, now. It's weird, they're straight and they love me. I live in a small town and I go to a small school, but we're pretty accepting in Ohio, I guess, lol.

5. James2612

I'm really pleased for you! Sound slike you have some great friends around you!!
    Good luck with the rest!!!

James

6. punkrocker99

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    awesome man! :grin:

7. crimsonarcher

congratulations man!
    :grin:

8. nocturnesanvean

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    wow i hope evrything goes well in your life! we gotta stick togethr! :slight_smile: haha

nocturnesanvean