1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I have great friends!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by YermanTom, Jul 12, 2015.

1. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Because most of my friends are also friends of Trish, my wife, I thought it would be better if she announced the fact that I was gay. On Friday evening she phoned several of our mutual friends. She told me that the reaction she got was very positive, but they were not surprised and they were supportive of Trish.
    On Saturday there was a party for a teenage son of one of our friends that we had been invited to. Trish asked that my coming out would not distract from his part.
    At the party when there was a quiet moment in the party some one of our friends would come up and give me a hug and congratulate me on coming out. The first comment I got was “Well done, I made up for you” and every comment was just as supportive. They were equally supportive towards my wife.
    As it turned out they had all suspected that I was gay for a long time but my recent Facebook posts about the marriage referendum had convinced them that I was definitely gay.
    Later that night one of our long-term friends said it was the first time that she saw at a party without displaying a nervous energy.
    I think I have great friends!

2. syds

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Congratulations. :slight_smile: sounds like you do have some wonderful friends and a great wife.

3. 50ishandout

It's great to have great friends. I've been blessed with some amazing friends over the last five months. I never realized how wonderful my friends are until I Came Out.