1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New step

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Sugar, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Sugar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I decided to go take a walk in the Gay Village today (our gay section in Montreal). To tell you the truth it felt pretty intimidating. I don't know why, i guess since everybody there is out and I'm not. Also the gay male community looked much larger than the lesbian community. Anywho, I'm hoping to step up soon and go take a seat at a cafe or a bar. I hate doing this alone though :frowning2:

2. Phantomblade

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thats a good step twards coming out. you should be proud. as for not doing it alone well i cant really help you there. unless you have other friends that are cool with it?

3. SadConfusedBandGeek

Ya lol i wish i could come sit with you:slight_smile: then we could both feel scared! But i cant:frowning2: lol ur across the country!

But I"M SO PROUD OF YOU!!! lol good job:slight_smile:

4. Sugar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    haha :slight_smile: thx for the support u guys are great. I'm debating telling my parents, i think they would actually be the easiest people to tell. A couple of years back (when i was about 13 still didn't realize i was gay) I got mad at my parents because they didn't let me have a boyfriend and than i said "fine I'll become a lesbian than" and they laughed and said it would be better that way. lol than they gave me the "we love you no matter what" line. and i think they already suspect it especially my mom. She always knows when i'm hiding something! A couple of months back there was a show on Oprah about older women who were just recently coming out and while i was watching i didn't realize i had a huge smile on my face (cause i thought the episode was so cute lol) and my mom noticed and than i turned bright red and walked away lol! and now that i think about it my dad said a comment the other day something about getting married to a wonderful guy and than he paused and said or girl :wink: hmm well all that to say i don't think they would be shocked or take it badly, i just don't know how to bring it up or when.

5. EthanS

EthanS Guest

My parents think its wrong bein gay well my dad neway, bcoz we was watchin sum drama and it had a gay cuple, the he sed dont b like them.. and i sed ok.. but i werent relli listeninin neway don think i was gay then:confused: I wasnt plannin to tell my family neway

6. Sugar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    so you didn't tell your parents yet right? I guess it just matters if it important to you or not. Personally i don't think it's necessary for me to come out to my parents like if it comes up one day then fine but i dont feel bad not telling them. sexuality isn't really something i wanna talk about with my parents n e ways akward lol

7. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Nope im nottin gonna tell them.. i dont relli hav convos wiv them neway

8. Sugar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ah ok, have you come out to anyone?

9. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Nope bcoz im not 100% sure... wen i see relli nice girls i look at em for sum time.. so jus confused:confused:

10. Jersey4Life

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I noticed that too Sugar. I went to Montreal last summer and we stayed in the historic district and I decided to skip out on my brother and stepmom and look around the city, and it was Gay week:eek: That's the real reason I went out and I was glad to see our neighbors to the north were so open to gay people, but I honestly can't remember seeing one lesbian couple out that day. I'm sure it's just because I was looking at all the guys :lol:, but the gay male community was definately more out in force.

11. SadConfusedBandGeek

Hmm How come everything is in montreal!!!!! Thats across the country lol!! :frowning2:

But sugar your parents seem very open, and maybe they know but they want you to tell them? I'm not sure:slight_smile:

12. Sugar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    haha yah everyones super open here, i'm gonna go check out the gay parade this summer hopefully there will be more lesbians this summer :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: did you like your stay in montreal?

13. Sugar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    lol yah me neither i'm not sure i guess we'll see what happens. My parents just brought up a topic about our ex gay neighbours and again i turned bright red. lol each time someone mentions anything with the word "gay" in it i get super nervous.

14. Jersey4Life

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    We stayed in Montreal for a week and I thought it was great. We went down to the waterfront and rode on the two seater bikes on the docks one day for about an hour before dinner, that was fricken awsome. The historic district was absolutely amazing too, I've never seen anything like it. All the old European architecture was impressive, we don't really have any thing like that left over in America. My only complaints were the taxes, which were ridiculous, and the fact that some of the locals would only speak French to me, even though I knew they could speak English.:tantrum:. I hope you don't do that to any innocent tourists Sugar :icon_bigg.

15. Sugar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    haha of course not i love tourists except when i'm out with my friends and a group of guys say a stupid line like "we're from so so and we've got a hotel if you wanna join us :wink:" then i get mean :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

16. Jersey4Life

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I wish some guys my age would say that to me :lol:. I'm just playin', I would get mad too.