1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Told my sister yesterday

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Adam, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Adam

OK when I first joined this site like over 2 months ago, I said I wasn't planning on coming out any time soon or if I ever would. But after being here for awhile I felt like I needed to, and I came out to my online friends soon after which wasn't bad like I thought it would be. So iv been wanting to tell someone I know really bad lately.
    So yesterday I had to pick my sister up from the airport, and I had been planning on telling her this for awhile so I planned on doing it then. So on the way home I'm like "OK I need to tell you something, this is really hard for me" and shes like "what is it?" and I said I'm gay. She was really supportive and said she would be there for me if I needed it, and when I choose to come out to my parents which was nice.
    I wanted to tell her first because she is very liberal, understanding, and her husbands brother is gay. I thought after I were to tell her, things would be really awkward around her but it really hasn't been at all. I'm thinking I might be able to tell others soon also because it wasn't as bad as I thought.
    I still have 2 other sisters and a brother, but I probably wont tell them for awhile, especially don't feel like telling my brother yet. Also most of my friends are pretty homophobic so it will be hard to tell them.
    I want to say thanks to everyone on this site because this place really has helped me out a lot. (*hug*)

2. Shyvin

Wow that is soooo awesome, *hugs*
    I wish I could do the same!

3. Kid Quasar

Way to go, Adam! Woot!

What a fine example of courage when coming out of the closet for the first time to a real life person. That took guts

Huggles!

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on coming out to your sister! It's great that she is supportive and there for you.

5. Mickey

Congratulations! I'm so happy that your sister took it so well! She sounds like an awesome
    person and a good choice to be your first to come out to. It's also cool that she'll be there for you,helping with your coming out to your parents.

6. george678

Well done for coming out to your sister.

7. Janvier

Yay !! (!)(!)
    Congrats Adam !!
    You're first family member :grin:
    That's how I did it too.
    I hope the rest of your family and friends take take it as well as yous sister did.

8. Blaz

Blaz Guest

Congrats Adam!!!

9. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just remember, the friends who don't stay with youare not your real friends. I don't know if your in college or university yet but you might meet more open people about it when you enter either if you are. The key thing is you know who you are, and with your sister behind you that's sometimes more important than friends. Having a family member with you is sometimes even better.