1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Home and Coming Out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by tomahto72, Dec 18, 2008.

1. tomahto72

tomahto72 Guest

For those of you that don't know I went overseas for a year on a GAP year and the whole time I was over there i wanted to tell them I was gay but i couldnt. But, when October came around I told a few and yesterday i told the rest of my friends.

Okay, so I got off the plane on a huge high (mainly because everything was so much more relaxed in Brisbane than what it was in London!) and was really excited about seeing my friends and family again.

Straight away I was taken by my friends to my friends house and we proceeded to celebrate in the only way teenagers really know! I wasn't really tired which was weird because I hadn't slept for 48 hours.

More people arrived in the afternoon and I started to get more and more nervous. But I just couldn't find the right time to bring it up. Finally when they started a game of limbo I tapped my bestie on the shoulder and said "I'm going to tell them". So he got everyone to quiet down and I just kept it short and sweet and said "You guys are the best friends I could ever want or hope for. I'm going to tell you something that only a select few people know about me and that it is that I am NOT straight, I am in fact gay."

There was stunned silence for about 1 second but then a huge cheer went up and someone said "Party at Tom" (which is where you jump up and down squashing the person you said party at to). And then we formed a huge circle and roared out the friendship promise which goes
    "Here's to you and here's to me,
    The best of friends we'll always be,
    And if by chance we disagree,
    Then F@*K you and here's to me"
    So I think it went pretty well!

Thanks for the support!

2. george678

3. coriolis

coriolis Guest

hahaha. your friends are fun :roflmao:

Congratulations btw!!

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    :roflmao: Wow, if all coming outs could be that fun!

5. EM68

LOL Cool !

6. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

congrats...your friends sound awesome

7. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! That's a great coming out story.