1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why are there so many misconceptions about gay people? -rant-

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by loveislove01, Jul 23, 2015.

1. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I'm not hiding the fact I have my girlfriend anymore. I don't go around and announce it but it can be obvious to others sometimes, and they ask me mostly about it.

It's just...to non-LGBT people who aren't in my friend group have so many weird ideas about it.

"So, do you check out everybody you see cause you like both genders?"

I identify as bi to most people.
    No, I have a type. I like certain people. I am not poly, bi doesn't mean being polyamorous, though both are perfectly fine.

"Are you a stalker?"
    What?? I'm bi but I'm not a creep. I like my girlfriend very much and I do not stalk people.

"So do you cheat on her with a guy because you're busexual?"
    Uh...no? I don't cheat on people. I think it's terrible. Do you cheat on your girlfriend with a girl? Cause, you're like, straight?

"Are you the cheater type because you're bi?"

I don't cheat, no. Sexuality doesn't correlate with cheating.

"Do you like every girl you see cause you're gay?"
    Do you like every boy you see cause you're straight?

"You've been with her *le gasp* six whole months? You never wanted to cheat? But I thought you liked boys and girls."

I am very much committed to her, yeah. I never wanted to cheat, I'm a normal person with a normal relationship and I don't like cheating.

"I'm a little scared now. Do you beat people up and have sex a lot?"

What the actual fuck!? I'm thirteen and not ready for sex, though there's nothing wrong with having sex.
    So I'm bi, that means I bully people? I've been nothing but nice to you!!!

-end of rant-

I hate when gay/bi, pan...etc. people are treated differently and like they're abnormal. We are normal people with normal relationships and lives.

2. PurpleKitten

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I get the same thing! All the time! Another annoying things my (female) friends do is as soon as they know I'm also attracted to girls they think I like them. Almost every single one of them thought I had a crush on them and started being like "no homo"

Ugh

3. The Purple One3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Its because people are still grasping the idea of a different sexuality than straight. They just still don't understand we are normal people

4. Nekobi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I know right. I'm not out yet so I get to be included in all kinds of awkward conversations about gay and lesbians that sometimes really annoy me.