1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, I came out to my friend.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by yesplease, Dec 20, 2008.

1. yesplease

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well, it finally happened.
    I told this story on another forum, but I'm beginning to think it should have been this one. Here goes.

The other night, me and my friend were talking online, and she was especially persistent about finding out who in our grade I liked. I kept telling her I wasn't going to tell her, because it would be weird, and it would change our friendship. For some reason, she was really really hyper, and for lack of a better word, kept "peer pressuring" me to tell her!

I resisted further, and she started saying things like "It doesn't matter who you like, I'm your friend, you can trust me with your secrets. I know you can't change who you like so why don't you just tell me?" To which I replied, "You must have it all figured out."

She didn't really. She said, "Look! It's easy! I like (her boyfriend). Now it's your turn."

This is where I decided, shit, what do I have to lose? I replied, "Well, not so easy, cause mine's also a guy."

She was totally cool with it. She is a really good friend.

At first she thought I was kidding, but after I assured her I was not and explained it a little further, she started to get the picture.

I told her that I was probably bi, but that it really just depended on who a person is. I said I would still hook up with girls even though I like a guy, and she told me she didn't think it was weird at all. We made a few jokes about boys and penises, and then we both logged off.

That was all for that night. We agreed that we should let the topic of "who i liked" sit overnight, and we'd come back to it the next day.

For a while, I was really frightened. I was scared to see her in school, and really really worried that I had done some terrible wrong to our friendship. When I saw her in school, she made a little wink about it, and we both laughed, but other than that, nothing was out of the ordinary.

Then, 2 nights ago, she guessed the person out of the blue. She just IMs me and goes, "I think it's (my crush)". I said, "Yep." and that was the end of it.

I'm sure it's not awkward because I just dropped a Christmas present off at her house and she offered me Christmas cookies. It's a good feeling when you tell someone, and you think your whole life is over, and they honestly couldn't care less. She looks at me no differently, and neither do I.

2. RaRa

Sounds like me and my friend lol.

Congratz. :slight_smile:

3. tomahto72

tomahto72 Guest

First off welcome to EC!

Congrats on telling her!

Tom

4. littledinosaurs

5. James2612

Well done!!
    Its a great feeling isnt it!!
    Keep us up dated on how things go!!!!

6. Mickey

Welcome to EC and congratulations!

7. biisme

Welcome to EC!!!!

And, that sounds great! You have a really awesome friend. :slight_smile:

8. george678

Welcome o Empty Closets enjoy your everlasting stay, and welcome done for coming out.

9. Blaz

Blaz Guest

Awesome Man! And welcome!

10. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi and Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

Congratulations on coming out to your friend! Glad that it went so well and that she is accpeting. Way to go! :slight_smile: