1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out As Bi: Mum

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Pumpion, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Pumpion

So I just came out to my mum a few minutes ago, and she still loves me :grin:
    The story is, I was feeling really anxious at school today (because of my panic disorder and GAD) and so pretended to be sick so I could go home. When my mum came to get me it started as any other time she would pick me up early because I was sick or "sick".
    But as we started to pull up to an intersection I just broke down in tears, I had to tell her. She asked me 'what's wrong?' and it took a while but I finally managed to choke out 'I'm bi'. She reacted exactly how I hoped she would, although I didn't quite plan to come out in that way XD But yeah, she went on to say 'as long as you're happy, we're [my dad and I] over the moon.'
    So that's it, that's another chapter of my coming out process. Hopefully I'll be able to tell my grandparents and they'll accept me, but we'll see!

2. Lyana

Congratulations on coming out to your mother, Pumpion. Mine was certainly the hardest person to tell out of the people I've told so far.
    Your mother reacted perfectly, she sounds awesome. I hope the rest of your coming out journey goes just as well. ♥