1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Learn from my coming out story

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Sashafr, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Sashafr

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi, I'm Sasha (imma dude BTW the name is a cultural thing, I'm half Russian.) and I thought that I'd share my coming out story with others who have not yet done so, so that they might hopefully take away that their is a time and place for everything and you shouldn't come out to people who aren't going to accept you and will react to you violently.........

Last year I decided to come out to close friends ( I have yet to come out to family because they are homophobic and I hate them). I did so in confidence that they wouldn't tell anyone else. Remember I live in Richmond Virginia and even tho I identify myself as a conservative southern boy that wasn't even enough for some of my friends to look down on me and go spreading rumours about me behind my back. After a few days of my real friends telling Me some of the crap people were saying I was pretty pissed. The next day I was in the locker room after school when some of my JROTC "friends" came up to me and started making fun of me (5thats right I do JROTC, rainbows invade everything :slight_smile: ) I told them to quit and "Shut the f**k up and get out of my damn face." Then they all started chanting white don't fight and shoving me into lockers and hitting me in the arm. After I repeated what I had said earlier and they didn't stop, a lesson from my grandfather came to me. Sometimes you have to fight to get respect. So in a nutshell I got the shit kicked out of me by four guys while I tried to beat a fifths head in with my fists.

Moral of the story, know when to come outout. If your gonna end up in a fight with a**holes just stay quiet and wait till you can leave and find better people. And learn how to throw a punch. Find friends with people like on this site who will accept you at face value and by your actions not for being born a certain way.

2. wisefolly

wisefolly Guest

I'm surprised I'm the first one commenting, dunno what to even say other than the obvious things and I hate saying the obvious things.

Nobody would ever wish to be in your situation but everybody---everybody---would want your courage and self-respect if they ever were.

3. Mags the Goron

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That's terrible! :frowning2: But it's great of you to share your story in hopes of helping others! ^_^

4. Posthuman666

Its great that you have recovered from this horrible event, at least enough to share with us.

5. candyjiru

I'm so sorry that happened T.T I used to live in VA, too, so I know it's not exactly welcoming... I hope you will be able to overcome these situations and look to a much brighter future... not all Virginians are a-holes (&&&)

6. Berru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm sorry to hear you had a bad coming out experience (*hug*)
    I just want you to know that it took a lot of courage to do what you did, and even though it went horribly wrong, I think you were brave.

When I first came out, I came out to one friend who then decided to tell everybody. The rumours and bullying died down eventually, and people kind of forgot about it.
    Even though it feels terrible now, it will get better, and now you at least know who's your real friends.

Good luck with it all (*hug*)

7. CapColors

I send you good vibes. That's an awful experience and I wish you well.