1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just came out to my mother!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by LizzerDizzer, Aug 12, 2015.

1. LizzerDizzer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been wanting to come out to my mother that I'm bigender for months, and today was the day. I asked her how she felt towards transgender people through e-mail, talking in person is too much for me when it comes to very personal things, or if there's a chance of things going bad. After I sent the e-mail, I began to have an anxiety attack and locked myself in the bathroom with my phone so i could se her reply.
    After a few minutes she replied. Her reply was:

"I have no issue/problem/concern with trans-genders. If someone wants to be a boy, go be a boy. If you want to be a girl, be a girl. What matters most in life is that you're happy."

I was crying so much after reading this, but it was tears of relief and happiness. I knew my mom was basically opening the door fully for me to come out. So I just told her everything.

I told her when I found out, told her what bi-gender was, and told her the reason why I was scared of coming out. After that, we had a small heart-felt talk, and I told her she was the greatest mom.
    And I started crying again when she said i was "the greatest daughter/son". A few minutes after I calmed down, I came out of the bathroom to hug my mother. :slight_smile:

Sadly, I still havent told her that I wand to start binding or that I maybe want to get on testosterone. I don't want her to overload after telling her so much in one day, but I'm planning on telling her soon.

2. Berru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Congratulations, I'm glad it went well! (*hug*)

3. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats.
    Coming out requires a lot of bravery. Glad it went well, you have a great mum. I think she will be supportive of you through all the trials and tribulations of your journey through life.

4. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Congratulations, I'm very happy for you! :slight_smile: