1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Random99, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Random99

Alright so basically, I came out to three people so far. A good online friend of mine whom I trust very much, my grandmother (my closest family member), and my.. girlfriend.

Now, coming out to my grandma was actually kind of easy. I knew she would support me, and I'm super lucky to have that kind of person in my life.

Coming out to my girlfriend? It was so hard. I was SUPER terrified that if I came out to her as bisexual that she'd dump me. I don't really know why I thought that, because she's a super loving and amazing girl. I wouldn't trade her for the world.

I just wanted to say that I feel SOOOO much better now that I've came out, even if its only to a few people. It's a huge relief and I just feel in.. shock. It's like this cage that I have been in has been lifted and everything seems so clear and new. I love it and honestly I couldn't be more proud of who I am.

I am going to tell a few more people that I trust soon too.

My advice to you is only come out when you're ready, I am not trying to say to do it now or when you aren't ready. Make sure you are ready and you trust yourself before telling others, (if thats what you want to do). It's an amazing feeling to be out to your closest people and its such a huge relief honestly.

Good luck!

2. Qaz

Qaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Good for you! The first time is always scary and nerve-racking.

3. MetalRice

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on your coming out journey thus far. Glad that everyone has been so supportive, and you are feeling a sense of relief. Let us know how your coming out journey continues to unfold. :slight_smile:

5. absvrdity

absvrdity Guest

Congrats on coming out to more people. :slight_smile: It is an amazing feeling once it is all done and over with. I wish the best for you.

6. HopefulRebecca

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Congratulations, coming out is a big step!