1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thank you: My story

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by MidnightStar, Aug 18, 2015.

1. MidnightStar

Out Status:
    A few people
    I just came out to my parents about my gender, they already new about my sexuality my mother claims she's always kind of known and I don't think she has but I think that's her way of trying to be accepting sense she learned how when I came out with my sexuality.
    I think in the end before prepared her for now also, and it wasn't that bad I don't think she was ever horrible at accepting me it just I'm not really sure. But in the end it's all good and that's what matters she understood and I'm happy their happy.

The only bad reaction was when I brought up the binder of course she told me it was risky, and dangerous and didn't like the idea of me doing this and in fact my dad was the first to say it's dangerous and express his concerns. I told them it's my body and that's what I meant when I said I wanted to tell them so they wouldn't be shocked with my choices or the things I may or may not do.

Eventually they agreed it's my body but to make them feel better i asked if they prefer for me to get advice on it first from a doctor and we agreed that would be the best to do before making that choice. And my mother was very clear they she didn't fully understand the "I don't like my chest on some days" She said everyone is self conscious about their breasts sometimes. Oh well! it's a start.

And at least they didn't completely throw me under the bus and understood 99% of it.
    I felt like you guys should know it's all a happy ending
    and some of you guys also helped :slight_smile:

2. Qaz

Qaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    MidnightStar,

Congrats on coming out! Don't worry if people don't understand part of your orientation, and good luck coming out to others!

3. Kellian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's a lovely story! I'm glad your family understand! :grin:

4. HopefulRebecca

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Congratulations, glad it went well!

5. MetalRice

Congratulations on coming out!

6. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats on coming out, glad it went well.