1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to so many people this holiday!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Creator, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Creator

During the summer holidays I have been very busy and caught up with my sexuality. This has brought me to a point where I want to come out to more people and that is what I have done. I started by telling three people and these three people have allowed me to come out to so many more! In total, this summer holiday I have came out to eleven people in total! That's a lot, and it's mainly thanks to three people. Although there was two bad responses, most of them were good and supportive and I'm at a point where I don't want to hide who I am anymore and that's what I'm trying not to do!

I'm sure a lot of you are curious about the bad reactions I got so I'll tell you the story!
    Alright, so I was at my friends sleep over (this friend is one that was part of the first three I told this holiday) I'll call her L and we were in a woodland area. So L comes up to me and recommends I tell them, so I give her the go ahead and she does it. A minute or two later I hear them mumbling to each other "Wow, I cannot believe he's gay. That is so wrong, like a man shouldn't see another mans genitalia." (They used a much ruder word) What they said at the time affected me a fair bit, even a few of my other friends thought it was wrong what they said. However the bit I really hated was what happened during the night. We were all about to sleep and one of the ones that took it badly. I'll call him G said that I would probably rape him during the night and other mean comments. This at the time really affected me in a hurtful way, however I tried to hide it. This person, G hurt me a fair bit And the bit that I find annoying is that he is ginger. The reason I find this annoying is because it has made me have a slight grudge on gingers that I didn't have before.

Thank you for reading this!
    Kind regards, Creator.

2. GreenPanRose270

Congratulations! The feeling of not having to hide from a particular person is definitely worth it. :slight_smile:

3. Creator

Haha yeah, it is a good feeling. However the bad reactions were quite hurtful as they wee very homophobic about it.

4. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations.
    The one good thing about a bad reaction is that you now know who is a total twat! and you can organize your life to have nothing to do with them.
    Stay strong and live your life on your terms.

P.S. Being "a ginger" is a phase he will grow out of it, I was a 'ginger', now I'm grey and bald :tears:

5. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Wow! That's a lot of people, at least most reactions were positive!

Congratulations! :slight_smile:

6. Creator

7. Berru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Congratulations, I'm glad it went well overall! :icon_bigg
    Don't mind those who made the hurtful comments, they're ignorant and don't know any better. Focus on the ones it went well with :slight_smile:

8. MetalRice

Congratulations!

9. Creator

Thanks!