1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

it's not always a happy ending. -Rant-

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Kellian, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Kellian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So! I came out the my mother a few days ago. She said she didn't think I was trans. So I wrote a letter explaining everything that I've felt for the last four years. She read it and guess what happens!
    You guessed it, she tells my older brother, forces me to come out to my little brother and now my overly religious father knows too! Now to top that all off, She thinks I'm being brainwashed by my school, my friend who I came out to first (she is pro-LGBT), and I told her about EC, and she wants me to leave the site. The only :***: ing site I know of to talk to other people whom are trans, gay, ect! And not to mention she has made me so stressed about being trans I've stopped sleeping in fear she will read off the letter I gave her, because I TRUSTED her. Anyway who needs sleep and more than 500 calories!? Not me! Who needs trust anyways!? Not me!
    Lesson learned here: Don't trust anyone, including family! Hahahaha. :eusa_clap
    :tears:

2. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm so sorry to hear. (*hug*)

My experience was similar to yours when I came out. My mother didn't agree that I am trans and outed me to my entire family and it ended really badly. You were really brave to come out to them and hopefully in time they will learn to accept you and be there for you. At this point you need to be patient. You will always be trans and time does help people understand that they can't change who you are inside, no matter how hard they try. I'm four months after I came out. One of my brothers has said clearly that he accepts me and he believes that in time the rest of the family will and my parents are in general a bit more open to the idea and accepting even though it is still unbelievably hard to talk to them about it.

Don't give up on who you are, don't let them break you and be patient with them. Believe that they will eventually come around and accept that this is a part of the journey towards transitioning, an obstacle that you need to somehow pass and a challenge that will hopefully make you stronger in the long run.

If you need to talk, I'm here for you.

All the hugs in the world,

(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

Yael

3. Kellian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you. ;-; I just really trusted her and I already have problems trusting people and talk about feelings plus I don't really talk about things going on in my life to them. I just wish she had let me come out on my time not her's. I'm not going to be beating down back in a little shell! I took me four gosh darn years to come out, I'm not going back! I re-read that post and I sound pretty mean and, you know, crazy. ^-^; Thank you for your kind words, I will be sure to talk to you if needed. ^-^ (*hug*)

4. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm so sorry that this happened to you! (*hug*) However, I'm really happy that you truly accept who you are! Don't let anyone dictate how you should live your life. Like Yaeli said, just trust that they'll come around. Maybe they just need some time to process everything.

I got a personal story that I can share with you about a family friend who's transgendered. He is my dad's best friend of almost 40 years and at the age of 56 he came out as trans. His family was totally against it but you know what? He didn't care, he fully transitioned into a woman and they eventually accepted her for who she is.

5. Kellian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    "I got a personal story that I can share with you about a family friend who's transgendered. He is my dad's best friend of almost 40 years and at the age of 56 he came out as trans. His family was totally against it but you know what? He didn't care, he fully transitioned into a woman and they eventually accepted her for who she is."

That's great her family accepted her! But right now I'm under my family's thumb, so I can't really do that. That story really gives me hope. ^-^ Thank you. (*hug*) (&&&)

6. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hang in there, give it time! :slight_smile: