1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out to one more, and the scariest experience yet!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Greggers, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Greggers

So ive made a few posts about coming out so far, and they have all been positive. I have a great, ill be it small, group of friends who like me even more since ive come out. I hang out with them what seems like every other day, and each time i get a tiny bit more comfortable. Im now commenting on guys as they walk by to my friends, and my friends are setting me up with cute guys that work at starbucks (by that i mean helping me stalk them haha) So things have been GREAT so far! Just finished watching the Phantom of the Opera AND Across the Univerise in one night so thats a good day in my books.

Alas, there is conflict to this story. The one close friend i have yet to tell happens to be my 2nd best friend i have. I say that more because we hang out so much. Its never been share deep secrets friendship, and i dont think she would jump infront of a moving bus to save me (some of my other friends ive told honestly would). She is very nice, but has some flaws making coming out to her...harder. For one, she *HAS* to one-up me on everything. I have a bad day? She is there telling me "No, you dont even understand." followed by her "horrer" story. My aunt died? Well her dog died so she knows more pain that ill ever understand (this is were i roll my eyes). This, ontop of the fact she would FREAK for the single fact so many other people knew before her. Ive never heard her views on homosexuality, but i know she is not the most accepting of anything different than herself. I know 100% for sure she wont *hate* me, but i also am only 50% sure she will take it in a positive way. I know all this makes her sound horrible, but shes not. Shes just flawed, like you and me.

So, with that said, today i sent her a LONG facebook message. I was very emotional at the time so im scared i came off too strong. When she gets it i have NO CLUE how she will re-act, and thats the scary part. If i knew she was against it even, then atleast i have an idea of what comes next. This waiting, not knowing what happens next, just kills! Im over the whole "scared of people finding out and rejecting me" phase atleast, so if she takes it bad i plan to brush it off and hold that much tighter to the friends i do have. Im more worried that if she takes it bad, my #1 best friend will be torn between us, and if there is one thing i hate MOST in this world, it is causing problems between two of my friends. I cant stand it when two people i both care about fight! I dunno why it hurts so much, but its like they are tearing apart my own heart when they go at eachothers.

So, this is just my little "Part 1" coming out story to this friend :slight_smile: ill post what she responds with when i get it!

2. george678

Ok cool really good luck and well done.:slight_smile:

3. thebikelady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hopefully all will go well. Do be sure to post back.

But I can't help but wonder. Since she is a classic one-upper, will you coming out to her as gay result in her coming out to you as "super mega ultra gay?" I mean, that is the next step up right?:lol:

4. cjtom

cjtom Guest

Good Luck! :thumbsup:

I bet the waiting is killing you!!! Hang in there :slight_smile:

5. blakeo82

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    OMG I don't think I could stand the suspense! Good luck, hope it goes great!

6. george678

Well how did I go? :S

7. Greggers

She is reading it as we speak...

8. george678

Ok Hope it goes ok...

9. metkigro

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Good luck

10. Greggers

I just got my response!

Snip-its:

"I'm never going to think less of you for who and what you are. In fact I think more highly of you for telliing people. "

"somehow the conversation turned to how awesome it would be to have a gay guy friend because we wouldn't have to worry about all that stuff and we might have similar "tastes""

"I hope that this makes you feel better when you read this and I am 100% behind you and love you too in the best way that a friend can love a friend."

So as you can see, it went very well! No need for me to be worried, sigh...

11. george678

Wel done and you should say thanks for the response.
    Happy days.:slight_smile:

12. cjtom

cjtom Guest

Well doneee :thumbsup:

I bet its a huge weight off your mind! :slight_smile:

13. metkigro

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  14. Magnet

Well done :slight_smile: