1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new years resolution

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Odradek, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Odradek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    my new years resolution for this year is to come out to my mom... I had hoped to do this before break ends but I only have about a week left. I don't know how she would react... I'm worried that she won't let me have friends over anymore... Also I am an only child so I don't want to dissapoint her...

advise?

2. Nick

Exactly, you still have a week to achieve your goal :slight_smile:

I find it's almost always impossible to guess how someone will react to things so the only way to find out is to actually tell her.

Having said that, I think that she will be proud of you because you had the guts and the faith in her to tell her. :slight_smile:

I wish you good luck with it all !!

3. Davo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's always difficult to find the right moment for this sort of talk. And try not to worry too much about how she'll react, as pinstripe said there's no way of knowing until you tell her. Just try to think clearly about how you want to do it, there's some good resources on this site. Best of luck

4. biisme

Has she never voiced her opinions about LGBT people before?

5. Aries

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That Is A Good Resolution.

I Came Out To My Mother And Told Her I Was Bisexual At The Age Of 14. I Was One Of Those Fortunate Ones Who Had A Very Open Minded Parent, And Like You, I Grew Up An Only Child Until The Age Of 15. I Came Out To My Step Mother When I Was 16, It Went Better Than I Had Expected But There Was Still Some Tension And Awkwardness With Her Because Of Her Beliefs. I Do Not Know If She Told My Father, I Am Going On To 21 Years Old Now And My Father Still Hasn't Said Anything About It To Me. If He Asks Though I Would Gladly Tell Him The Truth, No Question, And I Would Not Be Afraid To Bring A Girl Home Someday.

So Your Mother Never Had These Talks With You When You Were Young?? You Should Maybe Make Something Up About A Pretend Gay Friend And Tell Her A Little Story And See What Her Reaction Is On The Subject, And Then You Can Determine How And What You Want To Tell Her And When According To Her Reaction!!

It's Worth A Shot. Good Luck :]